Sad But True Clip (Mark III + Les Paul)

afxwinter

Aug 14, 2007
Recorded this over the past two days, I think the mix turned out pretty thick and chuggy. I used Superior Drummer 2 (with MetallyGuitarded's awesome preset) for the drums and Trilogy for the bass. I actually added some post reverb to the guitar to give it some ambience for a change since it sounded kinda dry. I had to downtune from E which is what my guitar's set up for so the strings were looser than they should've been. I think it gave it a different feel, not necessarily a bad thing, just different. After the guitar was laid down I figured why not add some vocs to it. I think they sound entertaining at least :) How's it sound?
afxwinter - Sad But True.mp3

Sounds good, you really captured the vibe. If you modify the snare then that will get you even closer to the original tones. Bring the vocals more to the front as they are to far back.
Keep us posted!

I think that tone came out great!

If you're going for your own tone, GREAT! I think the snare needs a bit of work, tho. I find it a wee-bit too ringy. The vocals are also too distant and I think that hi-hat is a bit too loud in the mix.

If you were going the Metallica tone, I think the guitars have got a bit too much mids in them!