Saffire 6 USB Recording in Reaper works, Outputs Sound in Windows, but not in Reaper

Spiritbeast

Noob-in-training
Mar 14, 2011
The title explains my (well actually my friend, as the interface shipped to his house, but it's the interface I'll be using this summer) problem. My new acquired Saffire 6 USB when first plugged in, with the headphone plugged into the headphone port, outputted sounds in Windows. So that means its definitely got to be capable of outputting sounds. In Reaper, I have the ASIO device set to the Saffire 6, input and output set to the Saffire 6. Recording works, but I cant hear any sound in Reaper, whether its a .wav imported directly into Reaper, or monitoring the guitar. I made the default recording device in Windows the normal sound card, not the Saffire... so I'm just stumped. I have no clue what it could be. Any advice??

EDIT: Okay, my friend says it works in Cubase... but Reapers my baby. :( But the urgency isn't as high right now.

Anyone have any clue why the hell this is happening? My friend emailed Focusrite but got no reply

Did you install the latest driver from the download on the Focusrite website?
Which direction is the mix knob/direct monitor function?

Yes, and all the way to the right. The interface monitors fine in other DAW's as I mention (I've tried multiple), but not Reaper [v3, and v4 alpha]... and that's the one I own, and would like to use.

screenshots of saffire mixcontrol y Reaper's audio > device window would be great.

Thanks for being interested in helping :)

E1Dki.png

So you're just trying to get a mono output signal? Can you click the IO button on the master track in Reaper and post a screenshot of those settings too?

What output on the interface does output 3 correspond to, have you tried using all the available outputs that show up in Reaper as well as connecting headphones/monitors to all the outputs on the interface to figure out if some sort of sound is going somewhere?

Should be able to get this going! Probably something stupid, it always is! ;)

hey guys, I'm the one with the interface.

I've tried plugging headphones into every conceivable output on this thing. nothing plays back. there is an output when monitoring, but try to play after recording is silent.

So you're just trying to get a mono output signal? Can you click the IO button on the master track in Reaper and post a screenshot of those settings too?

wytaZ.png

Thanks for being interested in helping :)

E1Dki.png
Output should be set to "first = 1" and "last = 2" if you are using the TRS output or "1 and 2" or "3 and 4" if you are using the RCA. Else you will get mono output.

Also, you didn't include a screenshot of your setup on saffire mix control or whatever the driver is called for USB saffires.

Output should be set to "first = 1" and "last = 2" if you are using the TRS output or "1 and 2" or "3 and 4" if you are using the RCA. Else you will get mono output.

Also, you didn't include a screenshot of your setup on saffire mix control or whatever the driver is called for USB saffires.

:worship:

Ahh I knew it would be something stupid like that! Yep, just switching to 1 and 2 fixed it. thanks a ton man! :wave: