Sailors With Wax Wings featuring Jonas?

season1234

Aug 27, 2004
San Diego, CA
Check out the list of band members:

An all-star cast of musicians joins Loren in the full realization of his objectives. Their names read like the dream team of a musical mastermind with one foot in the indie-rock firmament and the other in doom-dirge purgatory. Read ’em and, like, weep: Ted Parsons (Swans/Godflesh/Prong), Colin Marston (Krallice/Behold…The Arctopus), Aidan Baker (Nadja), Simon Scott (Slowdive), Dominick Fernow (Prurient/Cold Cave), Vern Rumsey (Unwound), Hildur Gudnadottir (Múm/Throbbing Gristle/The Knife), Aaron Stainthorpe (My Dying Bride), Jonas Renkse (Katatonia), Marissa Nadler, J. Leah, James Blackshaw, [and artwork by] David Tibet (Current 93) and Faith Coloccia (Mamiffer/Pyramids).

But the proof that any of this ever happened—or that the results are any good—will not be found on a piece of paper or in a document posted on the Interweb. Least of all this one. Better now to stop reading and start listening.

Read more: http://www.myspace.com/sailorswithwaxwings#ixzz13caLZLzG

Now, I listened to the songs, but the vocals are so drenched in reverb that I can't tell if Jonas or Aaron are actually singing on this album. The music is pretty good though:

http://www.bluecollardistro.com/angelovenrecords/product_info.php?products_id=4663&cPath=1087_1088&store=1

Has anyone else heard about this, are all these people really on this album? Again, pretty cool music, but WTF????

I thought so! But what the fuck is this music? Is this really a band called Sailors With Wax Wings, and they are just lying about guest musicians to get people to listen to it? Or is it someone else's music and all total bullshit? There is an article about them on Terrorizer.com as band of the week? What a fucking weird hoax, they are on myspace, terrorizer, the metal archives (encyclopaeda metallum), decibel, tw
twitter, metalsucks.com, and have their own website: A pretty fucking time consuming joke here, shit!

Songs also for sale on amazon!

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...&field-keywords=sailor+with+wax+wings&x=0&y=0

Can't these guys be sued for selling this and claiming all of these people to be in the band!?!?!

hmm.. i dnt see any real evidence from either side of the argument. >< anders, answer please! :rofl:

i can see how this could have come about... it really does create that sort of mystery about the music... everything is very sterile these days... you google a band, you get millions of results, you can know everything about them in half an hour, bands have lost that sort of romantic character of say the 70's where rumours about the band were passed on by word of mouth and hard to find news articles, magazines etc.. (i didn't experience this era though im only theorizing) i say kudos to whoever came up with this idea, whether it is fake or not, it doesn't matter, i think thats the intention of the artists behind this, its the music that counts... isn't that why we listen to music? :)