Saint demo, rehearsal, live, interview recordings!

Tharsh

Mar 30, 2003
What AS shit do all y'all have? Post up you lists! It's been forever since I've been thru my collection of rarities being unsettled for the past year or so but I'll post up when I can check. I did have a soundboard from November 1983 which totally rocks, and the '82 demo and (as far as I know) just about the whole demo session sets from 1989-1990 with Dave...a few songs that never made it (not even on NOD TO THE OLD SCHOOL). Will get back to you folks in due time, meanwhile...discuss!

Nothing "rare" for me except for maybe the 1984 live recording called "Mutiny on Detroit".
I have everything up to "Symbol" on vinyl, including the first EP.
Have everything ever released by the band in one way or another.
Got the DVDs, a few shirts.
That's about it.
:cry:

i dont really think most anything i have qualifys as rare either. i have the the ep. ive got my SOS cd booklet signed by jeff & phil when they were at the lawndale guitar center in 98 or 99 giveing away a PRS guitar just like Dave used to play (and just like the one phil was playing at the time) also have joeys solo cd signed by him at a show he did back then at the coconut teaser. (both can be seen on an old thread here i'll find in a minute)
i recorded the helloween, ARMORED SAINT, grim reaper concert when it was on mtv way back when & still have the vhs.

in 2000 anthrax played the hollywood paladium in april just a few weeks before ARMORED SAINT played theyre first revelelation show at billboard live/keyclub (im not sure if it was still called billboard live or if it had become the keyclub yet-id have to check to find out) at the anthrax show i met a really cool couple who were huge SAINT fans too, nicest & coolest people i ever met at a concert. the anthrax show had a party back stage for knac.com's birthday that all the guys from maiden & kiss & a bunch of other bands were attending. only media folks at the party. the couple were probably the only folks with party invitations that were in the crowd watchin the show from the front-the wife went to the party & got me tons of promo shit was being given away-3 big plastic bags full of cassettes & cd's & stickers & best of all...
a revelations promo poster. it's the album cover picture then on the right side (no yer other right, that's yer left hand) it says the new album now available with another picture of the cover under that then under that it says also available from ARMORED SAINT & has pictures of all the albums from march to sos + a picture of the trip through red times cover. then under that takeing the bottom right half it says "featureing the classic lineup" & has everyones name listed & one of the pictures of the band that was current then.

how much has survived to this point in time i dont know, but i used to save everything i found that said ARMORED SAINT on it & somewhere packed away in my moms garage i have fliers from old shows & all the bam magazines where jon sutherland mentioned ARMORED SAINT in his "molten metal" column.
also have(had?) delirous nomad, raising fear & 2 different sos shirts.

beyond all that shtuff the only thing that comes to mind is somewhere around here i have most all my AS show ticket stubs (found a pile of old stubs the other day but there was only a couple AS stubs in the pile) among the stubs i have both versions from the same tour as the mtv concert, when it started out helloween playin 1st, then ARMORED SAINT, then grim reaper. i bought my ticket when they 1st went on sale so that's who is listed on it, but grim reaper split up & disbanded before the tour finished-but SAINT decided to finish without um! anybody wanted a refund for grim reaper got one, anybody wanted to see ARMORED SAINT as headliners with helloween playing 2nd (i'd have to look to be sure but i believe heritic was added as openning band) so somewhere ive got both the before & after grim reaper stubs...

and that's all i remember at the moment!