Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BR

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • TR

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • TL

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
Hmm, really hard to tell with these tests, cuz I can tell the mic position isn't identical (BR is A LOT closer to the dustcap than BL, for example). You have a straight cab, right? I'm surprised there's this much of a difference between the top and bottom, though once again that could be due to position.

BUUUUUUT, if I had to choose (and I don't like to, because I doubt the speaker has much to do with it), I would say I like TL the most, cuz it doesn't have as much fizz as TR or BR, but isn't as dark/cloudy as BL.

Can't quite decide which I like better...TL or BL. But (just barely) leaning a little more towards TL...ONLY if I play them back to back.

Hm, I think they just need a narrow cut with a different frequency. At least TL just needs a 6khz cut.

Ha, I like TL the best myself, but I do like the smoothness of BL as well....the perfect speaker for me was 70% TL and 30% BL.
I'll mostly be using TL I think for future stuff (I wish it was BL, cause it's getting hard to remeber, lol...
it's BL in the Engl, TL in the Mesa, TR in the Marshall...

btw, I'll have an Engl Standard (V60) again soon (I sold mine some years ago...really loved it for live but it was too dark and thick for recording...now I'm happy I'll get it back...for versatility, so there will be more shootouts soon..Engl Pro vs. Engl Std. vs. Mesa OS vs. Marshall JCM.....

Cool thanks man.

I'm actually not surprised. I did a similar test with my Mesa Oversized and all four sounded quite different.

-Joe