samurai assassins + nekkid tattooed assassin chick + blood splatter = kickass

cthulufhtagn

Went Out for Smokes 13 Years Ago
Jul 19, 2004
south of washington
just watched Baby Cart in Peril, one of the Lone Wolf and Cub series...
peril_ezr.jpg

wow, that's some good shit. pretty interesting story, tense atmosphere, awesome action and teh bloodspray! coulda used more blood, but apparently this is the least bloody in the series. featuring an ass-kicking hero, a pretty hot sword-wielding assassin chick with some wicked tattoos and one badass little kid.

i need to get into more of these violent-ass old japanese samurai flicks, zatoichi and the like, it's good stuff :headbang:

Probably not what you're looking for but "Sanbiki no samurai" (a.k.a. Three Outlaw Samurai) is a pretty good black and white Japanese flick. If you liked Seven Samurai, you'll probably like this as well.

OK so I have Shogun Assassin, the uncut DVD. I'm not surprised it was banned for so long, but either way, I think it's great.

shoguncover.jpg

Can you explain the series behind it? Is Shogun Assassin one episode in the entire series of films? I suppose I could google it, but I don't know what to google for.

JayKeeley said:
OK so I have Shogun Assassin, the uncut DVD. I'm not surprised it was banned for so long, but either way, I think it's great.

shoguncover.jpg

Can you explain the series behind it? Is Shogun Assassin one episode in the entire series of films? I suppose I could google it, but I don't know what to google for.
hmmm, looks like part of the Lone Wolf and Cub series, referring to the hero (lone wolf) and his son (cub)...i can't retain japanese names, especially in the flu haze i've had going for the last 3 days :bah: ...anyway, basically a series about this dude pushing his son around in a cart seeking revenge against the dudes who killed his wife. or so i've read; the one i watched didn't mention that part of the saga at all.

shogun assassin looks fantastic though, i'm willing to bet the dude i borrowed baby cart in peril from has it too...or something equally bloody :headbang:

@thanatopsis: i did indeed enjoy seven samurai, i'll check it out....is it as long? :yell: :tickled:

dill_the_devil said:
Shogun Assassin pretty much consists of the first two Baby Cart films spliced together moderately roughly to create a feature-length film for the international market. I've got it too, and it rules, but I'm after the originals now.

How many Baby Cart films are there in total?

aha, thx for the info dill

@jk: technically it's the "lone wolf and cub" series; most of the films are just named baby cart something or other...and i can't seem to find out exactly how many there are. at least half a dozen, i think.

lizard said:
"excuse me, while I whip this out!"
assassin babe whips out her tits before she kills you. you thought you were just posting a non-sequitur, but you were wrong! mwahaha

if that doesn't get NAD to pay attention i dunno what will

seven samurai is one of those long films that manages to put the extra time to good use, not just long for the sake of long like a lot of movies coming out these days