sansamp Psa 1+v amp 2 question

drunkard

Like Sin Explode
May 18, 2007
Greece
www.myspace.com
Hey I just wanna ask if any of you have used the PSA 1 direct to the console for live or recording?Is it good?Also does any of you know If I can have my Psa 1 go to my power amp and then to V amp 2 with just its speaker simulation activated so to have my main sound from the psa and just the speaker emulation from the Vamp?If not has any of you tried Behringer's really cheap ULTRA-DI DI100 ?I am thinking of bying If I cant do the thing with the V amp.Last but not least do you think it's better for a live and recording situation to have your sound "get out" the normal way (mean Head to cab to mic)or is it better to have it the other way(meaning head to Speaker simulator or ULTRA-DI DI100 to console)Thanks for your time:kickass:

Is better to have a cab mic´ed, the sansamp works good direct to the console, but is better the other way.
You can do that thing with the psa-1 and tha v-amp, just send ona output to the amp , and the other to the vamp.
for recording, psa-1 works fine with impulses, and for bass works great direct.

Is better to have a cab mic´ed, the sansamp works good direct to the console, but is better the other way.
You can do that thing with the psa-1 and tha v-amp, just send ona output to the amp , and the other to the vamp.
for recording, psa-1 works fine with impulses, and for bass works great direct.

Thanks for your time but can you plz tell me what do you mean impulses?How does that work???

I works great for everything except direct recording of distortion. It works great for direct bass and live when hooked to an amp (or board).
I've never tried the impulses with it.