Saruman sings?

From my first impression reading the news I would probably give it a 9. I wasn't aware Christopher could sing at all, nor that he would consider singing for a metal band.

BTW, have you heard him sing?

Theli said:
From my first impression reading the news I would probably give it a 9. I wasn't aware Christopher could sing at all, nor that he would consider singing for a metal band.

BTW, have you heard him sing?
I have not heard him sing; however, I do know that he is classically trained and that metal these days is not the metal that comes to mind for a lot of people. Rhapsody uses tremendous baroque influences in its music so I think that it will work wel if approached wisely.

For those of us a bit older, we might remember Christopher Lee more as Scaramanga - The Man With The Golden Gun (or three nipples, however you want). :D

2002_1843.JPG

Abou said:
I have not heard him sing; however, I do know that he is classically trained and that metal these days is not the metal that comes to mind for a lot of people. Rhapsody uses tremendous baroque influences in its music so I think that it will work wel if approached wisely.
Yes, I have no doubts Rhapsody will succeed. They have a really impressive discography so far and they know what they're doing.

Still... Christopher Lee on a Rhapsody album sounds pretty weird, I though it was a joke first time I saw it on the messageboard.
And also, news tell me they will include a whole orchestra this time around. When I think about what they accomplished with a string ensemble on "Symphony of Enchanted Lands" and what their sound could be with an orchestra I can't stop drooling.

Theli said:
And also, news tell me they will include a whole orchestra

I dunno, didn't they use a (almost, at least)full orchestra on Dragonflame? Sounds like it, anyways.

The way I get this is that he will mainly be doing the narrative passages on Rhapsodys next album. The narration was the one big fault with Dragonflame, at least.

Malleus said:
I dunno, didn't they use a (almost, at least)full orchestra on Dragonflame? Sounds like it, anyways.

The way I get this is that he will mainly be doing the narrative passages on Rhapsodys next album. The narration was the one big fault with Dragonflame, at least.
It says he will be "featuring as the main singer in a dramatic orchestration epic.", probably the long song at the end of the CD. All rhapsody albums must have one.
And about Dragonflame, they used choirs (mainly metal people, no larger choir) and a violinist. I think they used samples to back the guitars up aswell, and the rest of the classical/epic elements were made using keyboard. You can hear the difference if you compare it to SOEL.

this is fairy fitting considering rhapsody's fantasy based lyrics. i cant wait to hear this
~gR~

mrweijia said:
christopher lee!
really?!!!!!!!!! are you sure?!!!!!!
I guess that staring in a starwars movie is taking it pretty far, but how far is too far? And what does starwars have to do with Rhapsody?

It should be a good release. Rhapsody spends quite a bit on productions, as evidence by the number of choiral and orchestral arrangements they have to cover. Now if only they could hire a damn narrator...

ffanatic said:
It should be a good release. Rhapsody spends quite a bit on productions, as evidence by the number of choiral and orchestral arrangements they have to cover. Now if only they could hire a damn narrator...
Luckily, Lee will handle the narration aswell.

Theli said:
really?!!!!!!!!! are you sure?!!!!!!
I guess that staring in a starwars movie is taking it pretty far, but how far is too far? And what does starwars have to do with Rhapsody?

i ws just trying to say he's getting to into the fantasy stuff. first taking up roles in star wars and lord of the rings, and now singing for a power metal band.

mrweijia said:
i ws just trying to say he's getting to into the fantasy stuff. first taking up roles in star wars and lord of the rings, and now singing for a power metal band.
Yes, he seems to hold alot of interest in fantasy related fiction. He mentioned (on LOTR extended edition) that he reads the books "Lord of the Rings" once every other year or something like that, and that he at one time met Tolkien.
Rhapsody was supposed to make a Lord of the Rings concept album, a more soundtrack-like release than their previous albums but they had copyright problems.

I wonder what their new concept will be about. But I suppose we can expect alot of dragons on the CD covers, battles, swords and magic frogs and those sorts of things. :)