Satellite Radio

poundingmetal74

Demons Will Fly
Oct 18, 2004
Canada, eh
www.finalstage.ca
I've been borrowing a friend's car for the week and have been absolutely loving the Satellite radio, which is built in. I remember when the Boneyard first came to Sirius, it wasn't very good. It's now renamed "Ozzy's Boneyard" which has been quite awesome. Just today some of the songs I heard were:

Tygers of Pan Tang
Exodus - Chemi-kill
Diamond Head - Helpless
Manowar - Black Wind Fire and Steel
Leatherwolf
Queensryche - Walk in the Shadows

Hair Nation meanwhile seems to have gotten weaker, although maybe I'm just listening at bad times. I've heard about 10 Bon Jovi songs it and a ton of power ballads.

Does anyone else have satellite radio, and what's your opinion of it?

I used to have XM but cancelled it 4 years ago. I had been a subscriber for 3.5 years.

I first subscribed mainly to hear Opie and Anthony, but I listened to the classic rock, hard rock and metal channels quite regularly. NHL and MLB too... Satellite Radio needs a good prog metal station in a big way. They also need to separate the older more extreme metal bands from the newer ones. I haven't heard what used to be Liquid Metal in a long time, but it always was hard for me to stay tuned for long.

My big problem was I got my ipod in 2007 and became obsessed with filling it. I just stopped listening to XM (as well as O & A), and didn't feel the need to keep it. Sure others must have larger libraries, but right now the hard rock and metal section of my ipod is over 10250 songs and can play for 34.5 days without repeating a song, and I'll NEVER hear Faster Pussycat!! :lol: ...and the classic and soft rock sections total just short of 10 days.

I don't miss it.