Saturday sit in gig

Doodoobubbachuck

Maidens' drums
Aug 2, 2002
theironmaidens.com
If anyone is interested, I am sitting in with the Satriani tribute, Surfing With An Alien, again this Saturday, (tomorrow) June 7th at the Canyon Club in Agoura Hills. We're opening up for Faster Pussycat. Tee hee! We go on at 9:00pm. I have some free tickets so if you want them just pm me and I'll leave em at the door for ya. Nothing like a last minute posting, eh? Cheers and have a good weekend whatever you do. :)

Linda, when you play with other groups, do you use your same drum set or do you have another side project set? Just curious. :)

Ya, they are still around. I thought it was kind of a strange mix of Stariani and Faster Pussycat. :erk: but oh well, is should be fun!

Yes, Momadave, I do use my same kit but in different configurations. Like for this one I use one tom up front and 2 floor toms and only a few cymbals plus I remove the image on the front of the kick drum head.

I wasn't able to go to the show last night, but I have seen Linda perform with Surfing With an Alien on their last gig at Crash Mansion in Downtown L.A. Here's a pic of her drum setup:

swaa04.jpg

BTW, Canyon Club is an awesome place. Pretty huge with a great sound system. The company I work with hosts their Halloween parties every year over there, as their office is a couple of blocks away. I'd like to see the Maidens perform there one night.

It was a cool set. A little short, only six songs (long ones though). "Summer Song" was of course the highlight.

Linda pounded with precision as always.:headbang: It's always cool to watch her on the kit because she has so much fun when she plays. There's that ever-present beaming smile and a mischievious gleam in her eye. She commented that she was just warming up when the set ended, she wanted to play that much longer again.

Gary(correct spelling ?) is a complete virtuoso on lead guitar. He totally shreds and really has the Satriani look and vibe goin'.

A dude next to me commented that they should've been the headliner and I have to agree.

Worth the trip if they're playing at a concert hall near you.

Peace

Thanks Jeremy and Dennis. Acujer, I didn't bring the puppy. He likes to chase cats and was too excited to run Faster Pussycat up a tree and they had a show to play. Tee hee! Yes, Gary, Guillermo and Ben are all amazing players and I thoroughly enjoy playing with them each and every time. Such fine musicianship and just sooo easy to get along with. You'll be seeing more of them I assure you! www.myspace.com/satrianitribute . It was fun hangin with you Dennis!

Who the hell would go see Faster Pussycat nowadays? More so, who the hell would actually go see a Faster Pussycat cover band? That's a double wammy!