Satyricon: Age Of Nero

I don't like Satyricon. They don't play black metal. They play black'n'roll :D
The most annoying of all is that Norwegian media speaks of Satyr as "black metal's leader" and stuff. Bullshit. Ahem, let the thread continue.

I used to love Rebel Extravaganza on the speed but those days are over for me,still a great album in my opinion but i could'nt give a rats ass for them these days,pretty fucking cool how they went to India tho,enjoy Twelveby5,i'm sure you'll have a blast:kickass:

I used to love Rebel Extravaganza on the speed but those days are over for me,still a great album in my opinion but i could'nt give a rats ass for them these days,pretty fucking cool how they went to India tho,enjoy Twelveby5,i'm sure you'll have a blast:kickass:

you should love now diabolical then.

I am a big fan of satyricon, they definately played black metal, now they sort of play post-black metal? Seriously, now diabolical is black metal without the "treble black metal sound"

I thought now diabolical was fantastic, as a fan of opeth (progressive) I support that they develop their music in a good way (not like in flames, mind you) some will argue that they took a step towards mainstream but I strongly disagree. Yes, now diabolical probably is more easy to listen to than their previous records but it is still a really good record and better than their previous ones in a way.

Yes, the heavy, slow, grinding sound together with Satyrs wailing guitar riffs (delirium anyone?) together with frost, one of the best black metal drummers, drumming on for example the title track or the pentagram burns, well, its absolutely fantastic I think!

I think Satyricon reached their peak, now they are coming out with average songs. One I heard from this album I did not care for much, lame, unimaginative, and repetitive.

Listen to commando, it was good I think, strong connections to their older material as well

From what i heard.. It's not bad or awful as a whole.. But it's got some absolutely turd moments and doesn't really do anything much for me. Some really lame riffs, but the drumming is top notch as per usual.

I'm still waiting for the CD but listened to some samples on youtube and I like it! It's crap quality though and I just heard a few songs so cant really want for the album. I've always thought that the drumming was brilliant, people may debate whether or not they like the sort of "post-black metal" style they have now, but they cant complain on the drumming, frost is badass

I actually prefere their Black N Roll style and find it much more interesting.

"Dark Medieval Times" of course, just my opinion, is a cornerstone album of second-wave black metal. I read somewhere that Satyr was 17 years old and Frost was 15, when they wrote DMT. Such talent at a young age. I'm indifferent towards their last couple albums.

"Dark Medieval Times" of course, just my opinion, is a cornerstone album of second-wave black metal. I read somewhere that Satyr was 17 years old and Frost was 15, when they wrote DMT. Such talent at a young age. I'm indifferent towards their last couple albums.
I can agree there, it went downhill for them after Nemesis Divina but some of the newer is enjoyable.

I got this the other day and the first three tracks are on loop.

Stopping now and then to put Black Crow on a Tombstone on repeat.

Love it.