Satyricon!

JonnyD

Chef Metal
Jun 4, 2002
The Metal Kitchen
www.myspace.com
ok so 3 words I dont normally put together are Awsome Black Metal but that is the Best way to Describe Satyricon's Volcano album Ibought it a week ago and the only reason it has left my cd player is so that I could put it in another cd player I highly recomend this album even if you Hate Black Metal you could get into this one! its just really well done!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Yep but the Vocals are still Black Metal ......its rockin but Rock and Roll? I mean if they had clean vocals all the way through it still wouldnt be rock and roll, but that is just My Opinion

The vocals aren't the defining part of the music, though I am aware that I may have exagerrated a iny bit... Anyway, I don't like it and I don't like their sell-out attitude. I do recommend their early works, though.

Sorath said:
The vocals aren't the defining part of the music, though I am aware that I may have exagerrated a iny bit... Anyway, I don't like it and I don't like their sell-out attitude. I do recommend their early works, though.

I will Check out their earlier stuff for sure! I really enjoy Volcano cant say a bad thing about it hahahaha I'm just comeing off a almost 2 year long power metal kick so its like a fresh breath of air for me, I like the vocals their terrible :loco: and the music is incredible But I could see it from your angle you have prolly listened to the band much longer than I have Me I just discovered them when they played with Morbid Angel

JonnyD, start from the beginning then because that's when they were at their best, money took the upper hand by short moves at a time... When you want tips for more (great) black metal, let me know.

Sorath said:
JonnyD, start from the beginning then because that's when they were at their best, money took the upper hand by short moves at a time... When you want tips for more (great) black metal, let me know.

:D I'm open to any suggestions you might have hahahaha I cant say I will be able to find everything where I am ....... I will check out their earlier material and make up my own mind :headbang:

The production on the earlier stuff wasn't near as good and you start moving towards that 'fuzzy' production that the gr1m black metal bands are known for. I would only go as far back as Nemesis Divina for starters and then move back from there only if you really like it. I personally thought Volcano was pretty boring for them but I have had it a loooong time and should revisit it.

Can't say that I'm a Black Metal maniac. I have a few CDs but overall most of the stuff just bores me. Marduk, Emperor and Dissection are great though. But I rarely listen to such music. When I want to get rid of anger and frustration a Slayer album serves me much better. Same with workout. I put on Destruction or Machine Head when I train. But I can't deny that Panzer Division Marduk works real wonders when you are pissed off at the whole fucking world. When you feel like chopping some heads of this is the shit to get you down again.

Try Carpathian Forest, Grand Belial's Key, Malign or Mayhem (not post-Euro stuff) for great fucking groovy riffs, Ondskapt, Watain, Funeral Mist and Mayhem - DMDS for something that simply reeks of evil, Craft, Darkthrone or Ulver (first three) for cold simplistic (in some cases) great black metal. Start with those, let me know when you need more. As for getting the stuff, try www.devilmusic.se or wtf the URL may be.