Savage Circus fires Thomen Stauch!

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
Dear Friends,

After the recent events at the Rengsdorf Rock&Blues Festival and the Rock Am Schloss Festival the band sees no perspective any more to go on with our drummer Thomen Stauch. Therefore we immediately release him from all duties.

Even though we are aware of his personal situation we cannot ignore the fact anymore that he is still not able to carry out his duties for Savage Circus. Already in summer 2005 Thomes started to cancel most of his all planed out promotional activities. In 2006 he canceled the Japanese shows and wasn't part of any other activity for the whole year. We gave him this entire year to solve his situation because we deeply hoped that he would be able to recover and to get back into pace again. But instead in spring this year Thomen almost canceled the Circle II Circle tour. Now he canceled two festival shows with extremely short notice again…

We are very sorry, but we cannot take this any more. We supported and backed Thomen up for over 2 1/2 years by now, but as sad as it is we must face that it is just not going anywhere. Even though we still do have a lot of understanding for his situation, we cannot allow the unintended but yet serious damage he is doing to the band in which all of us invest so much energy and work. We do want Savage Circus to happen, but we cannot see it happen with Thomen any more.

We are not looking back in anger, we'd rather like to look into the future. This does not dramatically effect the production of the DREAMLAND MANOR follow-up, but we will need some time to decide and work in a worthy replacement, who will be announced shortly. Therefore the release date will move to early 2008.

We wish Thomen well and hope, that he will find his way.

With deepest regrets,

Emil, Jens and Piet

If you ask me this is absolutely nonsense. As far as I understood it in the beginning this was a Thomen project to recapture the sound "missing" from Blind Guardian last albums. Then he has trouble performing (as I atested in PPVII) live and now the rest fire him? So what SC is going to continue as a clone of mid-era BG without Thomen? o_O

NP: Heaven & Hell - 'Heaven And Hell'

Yeah it's pretty messed up. They have two options now, to find an identity of their own or just call it quits. Dreamland Manor was a fun nostalgia trip but they really can't continue down that path now with much credibility. Also, Piet has Iron Savior and the other two guys are in Persuader so there's basically no full-time "captain" in SC now.

Doesn't look good at all, but let's wait how the second album is like. Maybe they've come up with something that justifies the existence of Savage Circus? They better!

I agree with you a 110%, you summarize it perfectly.

Also, Piet has Iron Savior and the other two guys are in Persuader so there's basically no full-time "captain" in SC now.

Somehow it seems that the guys draw more audience with SC than with their respective bands... And Persuader guys should have no problem capturing classic B.Guardian style, they do it for the most part in their main (main?) band...

Somehow it seems that the guys draw more audience with SC than with their respective bands...

I disagree somehow. Iron Savior has much more time our there and they are establisehd and with a fan base that SC has not and will take a lot to form IMO.

i agree. that pisses me off. now they are just going to be a worthless clone of wannabe's of BG. as the original drummer wanted to return to the old BG sound, it made perfect sense with Thomen...but now its just bullshit.

i also am going to lose my mind if i never get to see thomen play...i extremely hope he finds/creates another project in the near future. although...i dont think there can be another BG clone, haha

SAVAGE CIRCUS Announces New Lineup - Sep. 4, 2007

SAVAGE CIRCUS members Jens Karlsson (vocals), Emil Norberg (lead guitar) and Piet Sielck (guitar, bass, backing vocals) has issued the following statement:

"After all it's time for some good news again. SAVAGE CIRCUS is happy to present our new official drummer, Mr. Mike Terrana. Known from great bands like AXEL RUDI PELL, RAGE, YNGWIE J. MALMSTEEN and MASTERPLAN not only to the metal community, Mike is a versatile artist with a very unique style of his own. Exactly this style along with his great character makes the MIGHTY TROLL a perfect match. Mike, welcome aboard!

"But that's not all! After being our unofficial bass guitarist for over a year it is more than due to make Yenz Leaonhardt an official member, too. This has been in our heads for a long time, but being lazy bastards we never came up with an announcement. Yenz is known from playing with or in bands like LACRIMOSA, KINGDOME COME, STORMWARRIOR and IRON SAVIOR. Needless to say that Yenz is a great person. Yenz, welcome aboard officially!

"Now with the completion of the CIRCUS we are ready for action again. Work on the new record runs at full throttle and release is scheduled for early 2008 followed by various live performances.

"All of us are totally happy about this great lineup, which already brings so much energy to the band."

SAVAGE CIRCUS' current lineup:

Jens Carlsson (lead vocals)
Emil Norberg (guitar)
Piet Sielck (guitar, backing vocals)
Yenz Leonhardt (bass guitar, backing vocals)
Mike Terrana (drums, percussion)

SAVAGE CIRCUS last month announced the departure of drummer Thomen Stauch (ex-BLIND GUARDIAN) due to personal differences.

"After all it's time for some good news again. SAVAGE CIRCUS is happy to present our new official drummer, Mr. Mike Terrana.

You have to be shitting me (not you Orfanos, it's an expression). Mike Terrana, what's with the guy? He left Rage, join Masterplan and he hadn't even settled there when he already joint another band? The seven year itch? I foresee the famous problem of not being able to commit with both bands in the future.

Some prople must known their limitations, don't engulf more that you can swallow. My $0.03, anyway what's the point of a BG clone without Thomen (like I said before)? Or in the case of another Europower metal band, I had enough so far.

NP: Omen - Dragon's Breath

I don't see Terrana having big problems in fitting SC to his schedule, he's always been in 2-3 bands simultaneously anyway so what's new. He's always been a hired gun. Axel Rudi Pell isn't touring at the moment and Masterplan just finished their tour so I guess he has time to do what little touring SC will be doing.

Besides, he is Superman.:kickass:

He's always been a hired gun.

Call me old fashioned, but I'm not confortable with hired guns. I prefer bands where everybody is an integral part of it full time.

Call me old fashioned
Like that's a negative thing to be around here :lol:
but I'm not confortable with hired guns. I prefer bands where everybody is an integral part of it full time.
Generally speaking I agree and in the case of Savage Circus I especially agree, because beforehand it was Thomen & Hired Guns and now it's all hired guns. Who's the leader now and what's the point? Still, I'll give the new album a shot but if it's the same stuff as Dreamland Manor I don't expect the band to last for long.

Terrana had a stable dayjob with Rage (8 years I think) but he was drumming all over the place all the while and there was no problem. For example Axel Rudi Pell's band is of course mostly about Axel Rudi Pell and Mike is there just to beat the drumkit. It wouldn't make sense for Mike to dedicate himself just for ARP but on the other hand why should he quit? It all worked out fine for everyone. I'm expecting Masterplan to be his #1 job from now on and whenever they're not touring or recording he'll do stuff for SC, ARP and whoever.

Generally speaking I agree and in the case of Savage Circus I especially agree, because beforehand it was Thomen & Hired Guns

Speaking of hired guns. I just got my HAH album copy and in the booklet came pics of Iommi, Dio and Butler each with a brief commentary about the reunion. Curiously, there's no pic or commentary for Vinnie. He was an integral part of the band in "Mob Rules", "Live Evil" and "Dehumanizer" (ergo more albums for that line-up than Bill Ward), so why is he left out in the booklet?. Dunno but I consider it disrespectful and sad, it stains the otherwise magnificent work.

NP: Phantom-X 'Day Of The First Dawn'