Thomen Stauch and David DeFeis team up

tsorl

Borne on Wings of Steel
Aug 3, 2003
Finland
www.ollischroderus.fi
Hi metal heads,

hope all of you are fine and yet excited about my new band and its line-up!

So here it is:

Axel Ritt (guitar; DOMAIN) , David DeFeis (vocals; VIRGIN STEELE) and I, Thomen Stauch (COLDSEED) have joined forces in a new, yet, unnamed band. Our musical direction will be a combination of our musical backgrounds to give you, the fans, exactly what you expect!

We have already started the song-writing process for our debut album, which will be an extraordinary fusion of power and speed metal at first row, combined with epic and symphonic metal elements.

To round up the line-up, we are still looking for a perfect fitting bass player!
I´ll be checking some more bass player, tomorrow, so who knows....maybe we´ll be able to confirm his name in the band already in the next few days!

Hails and cheerz,

Thomen
Sounds like Thomen got back most of his marbles after the Savage Circus mess, this should be interesting. DeFeis is still an excellent singer but the latest Virgin Steele was pretty bad... maybe this is exactly what he needs; someone to kick his ass when he's about to record a metal album with drum machines and cheap kiddie keyboards.

I can't stand DeFeis vocals, not even Thomen drag me into this one.

DeFeis is a metal god! :worship:
I'm kinda surprised that he decided to participate in a side project... but can't wait to hear it

I can't stand DeFeis vocals, not even Thomen drag me into this one.

DeFeis seems to bring about very strong reactions - love or hate. Me, I love his voice, and I'm a Virgin Steele junkie. Sure, I don't love his early years yelps, but if you listen to "Marriage of Heaven and Hell pt 1" or Invictus, you'll hear a metal vocal god. Heck, I challenge you to play one song - 'Blood and Gasoline', and see if you like his voice there.

As for the collaboration with Stauch - I'm looking forward to it. I agree that the last VS record was not heading in the right direction for me. Add DeFeis to the Savage Circus songs and I'm there!

Steve in Philly

Heck, I challenge you to play one song - 'Blood and Gasoline', and see if you like his voice there.

Steve in Philly

I will try but no promises, his involvement in Avantasia "The Metal Opera" was one of the downsides of the project.

NP: Astral Doors - 'Mercenary Man'

the latest Virgin Steele was pretty bad... maybe this is exactly what he needs; someone to kick his ass when he's about to record a metal album with drum machines and cheap kiddie keyboards.

This is true, but it's not like he wanted to do that; From what I've gathered, the band is dirt poor.

I'm really looking forward to this, Thomen's drumming is truly unique, and with a songwriting force like DeFeis, they can definitely put forth something great. I'm sure they have the cash too, royalties from Blind Guardian probably pay well. ;)

This is true, but it's not like he wanted to do that; From what I've gathered, the band is dirt poor.

I'm not quite sure where Visions of Eden went wrong... I recall reading interviews before the album came out & DeFeis was bragging about how this was going to be his magnum opus & that it was all being recorded in his new studio. I guess that was all hype, since I found Visions disappointing... both in terms of production & songwriting.

To me Visions Of Eden is another VS masterpiece,ok he sucks like a producer but on the other hand I like that "light sound" atmosphere on the album 'cause album is about pain and loss and that kind of sound fits very well to that concept.

Listening to VS albums without knowing the whole concept of the album(it's story,lyrics etc.) it's like watching japanese horror movies without any subtitles.