Savage Circus news (positive progpower comment)

BlindPanzer

Iced Guardian was taken:)
Mar 27, 2004
Miami
SAVAGE CIRCUS: "Thomen Is Back!"
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 at 10:33:01

The following message has been posted at the SAVAGE CIRCUS MySpace page:

"Thomen (Stauch, ex-BLIND GUARDIAN) is back!

After taking the remainder of 2006 off to recuperate, Thomen is back in the limelight with Savage Circus! He will play all future shows with the band, starting off in February with the House Of Metal festival in Umeå, Sweden.

Thanks for all the support, and we hope to see all you fans at our upcoming shows!"

As previously reported, Savage Circus will issue a live DVD in February. The footage was shot at the ProgPower Festival 2006 in Atlanta, GA "with one of the best audiences you can imagine."

The DVD will also feature bonus material, including a short road movie. More details will be revealed soon.

:headbang:

http://www.bravewords.com/news/58660

From all the people I've talked to that have played the festival, I don't think I've heard ONE that didn't like the way the crowd reacted at all. In fact, I chatted with one artist via the chat room and his words were,

"I was so filled with love that I felt like my heart was going to burst. I didn't expect that [kind of crowd] at all and I was in tears. Even if we're not playing I'm going to see if I can make it out for the fest again." *Disclaimer, not an exact direct quote, but damn close.

I think that speaks volumes. I think it rules when the bands give the fans as much praise as the fans give them.

-Metal

Skip that Sweden date. Go see them open for CIIC.

Persuader's also playing the House of Metal festival, which alone would be enough to make me go. :)

I also had no idea how quickly these news items get posted to Blabbermouth and BWBK. I posted that right before I left for a class last night and it was already up on the news sites by the time I got back. Metal news spreads quickly, it seems. :)

Savage Circus was one that I was really looking forward to last year. I enjoyed the show, even with the occasional lyric "cheat sheet". :)
I am curious though (and this may be better in a different thread) about what happened during the Thunderstone performance last year. As has been posted, we ARE an awesome crowd, but I was almost embarrased by the lack of enthusiasm for them. Believe me, I know it's hard to stay pumped for the entire duration of the shows, but it seemed the crowd just died for them. Did anyone else notice that? I hope I'm wrong. I love getting comments like the one from SC and I'd hate to see any band leave dissappointed.

"This is an elite festival with an elite audience. You have been warned." :lol: :lol:

After attending last year for the first time, not only is the audience elite, but they are the greatest most awesome collection of people you could ever want to meet. They come from the most diverse backgrounds and age groups it is hard to believe that 99.9% of the people mesh like a well oiled machine. These people will go out of their way to make a person feel welcome, and show them the respect of a true friend. I must say that I for one made some friends that will be in my heart forever, and to all of you guys and gals I miss you and can't wait to meet up with you again and hang out and party.

J-Man