Savatage Greatest hits

nomisofsiman

Sep 19, 2008
Wheaton, IL
I'm not a big fan of greatest hit albums but for those interested, it looks like they're planning on a release date if it's already on Amazon. Cover art too.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0030Y10PW/ref=s9_simi_gw_s0_p15_t2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=1YZHNBTRJ8T1YCSRP55R&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938811&pf_rd_i=507846"]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0030Y10PW/ref=s9_simi_gw_s0_p15_t2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=1YZHNBTRJ8T1YCSRP55R&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938811&pf_rd_i=507846[/ame]

Have all Savatage albums, but I hear there are unreleased bonus tracks, so I hope Amazon o itunes could help me with that one!!!!

not going to talk too much junk here, but don't we ALL have ALL the albums by this band? and what unreleased tracks could they really give us other than MORE live tracks from The Spectrum in 88?!

again, love this band and their early years but this is the kind of crap that we as fan must not tolerate. i mean i only bought every remastered reissue SPV put out years ago, could there really be anything more that i require?! i doubt it.

not going to talk too much junk here, but don't we ALL have ALL the albums by this band? and what unreleased tracks could they really give us other than MORE live tracks from The Spectrum in 88?!

again, love this band and their early years but this is the kind of crap that we as fan must not tolerate. i mean i only bought every remastered reissue SPV put out years ago, could there really be anything more that i require?! i doubt it.

You never know with all the tapes of Criss' material that Jon has

As I said, I've never been a fan of best ofs. Even if there's unreleased material. Let's be honest if there's unreleased material, I doubt there will be more than a couple of new songs and as Tribunal said, most will probably be live tracks. Not just do I hate best ofs but this is NOT a band that should do this. All their albums (outside of For the Rock of course) flow very well especially once they started the concept albums. This is like when Ayreon released a best of last year. Why? Usually fans of Savatage and Ayreon listen to the albums in full.

I'm not a big fan of greatest hit albums but for those interested, it looks like they're planning on a release date if it's already on Amazon. Cover art too.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0030Y10PW/ref=s9_simi_gw_s0_p15_t2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=1YZHNBTRJ8T1YCSRP55R&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938811&pf_rd_i=507846

There's actually another thread about this from a week or so ago.

Greatest Hits from Savatage?

Must only be an EP!!!

...about like a Manilla Road Greatest Hits.

~Brian~

Ha!! Well done. Didn't think you had it in ya to go there with Jasonic, esp dissing Manilla Road.

That comment in person would still get ya a cock punch, but I do respect a good jab! :p

...with that said, I don't know how anyone who prides himself as waving the banner of true metal isn't more of a Savatage fan than you are. Seriously, have you taken a serious listen to at least their early stuff? o_O

~Brian~

I love the early Savatage stuff.
That stuff was the shiznit back in the day.

Esp Sirens and Hall of the Mountain King.

As I said, I can sum up my fav Savatage material in an EP!!!

but POWER OF THE NIGHT was an LP?! and that whole album rules, you know it. ;)

Eh, as a whole full length.........???
I have not heard that album in MANY MANY years to be honest.
Same goes for FIGHT FOR ROCK, or whatever it is called.

To me, SIRENS and HALL OF THE MOUNTAIN KING "are" essential SAVATAGE.

I know many here will disagree, and that's cool.

Eh, as a whole full length.........???
I have not heard that album in MANY MANY years to be honest.
Same goes for FIGHT FOR ROCK, or whatever it is called.

To me, SIRENS and HALL OF THE MOUNTAIN KING "are" essential SAVATAGE.

I know many here will disagree, and that's cool.

I wouldn't recommend FFTR to anyone but die hard fans that want to own everything. With that said, you're right about Sirens and HOTMK, they are essential.

Do me a favor though and listen to Dugeons Are Calling. Don't forget about the title track, By the Grace of the Witch and City Beneath the Surface. City Beneath the Surface is as classic as classic gets! :worship:

~Brian~

Do me a favor though and listen to Dugeons Are Calling. Don't forget about the title track, By the Grace of the Witch and City Beneath the Surface. City Beneath the Surface is as classic as classic gets! :worship:

"Midas Knight" FTW!!!!!

And Power of the Night is definitely the best of their first four albums, even if there is a slight tinge of cheese on it. "Warriors" still gives me chills every time I hear it. I couldn't believe JOP played it a couple years ago!!!!