Savatage Greatest hits

"Midas Knight" FTW!!!!!

And Power of the Night is definitely the best of their first four albums, even if there is a slight tinge of cheese on it. "Warriors" still gives me chills every time I hear it. I couldn't believe JOP played it a couple years ago!!!!

Yeah, it was really cool to hear JOP sing Warriors. :kickass:

~Brian~

Eh, as a whole full length.........???
I have not heard that album in MANY MANY years to be honest.
Same goes for FIGHT FOR ROCK, or whatever it is called.

To me, SIRENS and HALL OF THE MOUNTAIN KING "are" essential SAVATAGE.

I know many here will disagree, and that's cool.

Don't base Savatage on Fight For the Rock. Even Oliva himself hates that album.

Anyone have this yet?

I see Amazon has pushed the release date back to April, when it was once Mar 15 I think...

Also, Amazon has 2 versions available...one with DVD, but it mentions it is a PAL/region 2.

CDinzane has only one import listed, when I thought they had two before? I assume the import they list also has a PAL dvd. so no go for American DVD players.

Well see I was going to stay away from it.
Ok, first off it would not matter if it had the DVD or not Matt would still buy it cause he has an addiction.
the live in Japan show will be the only reason I get it.
But best ofs are a stupid idea in this case. I think best ofs are only good for people that listen to radio singles '10 from 6", "Journey's Greatest Hits' What good is a Savatage best of when most of us have all the albums, and probably even different versions of a few of them?
Now on to the Manilla Road comment. Not sure if I would say Manilla Road is better than Savatage but there is no question that Manilla Road did not stick with the same formula on pretty much every album. That made Manila Road to me a bit more interesting. Not to mention the die-hard fan base built over the past 30 years with very little press and media attention.
Savatage on the other hand (prepared to get pounded with rocks) is divided into two parts; a metal band and Paul O'Neil's fine blend of Jim Steinman and Andrew Loyd Webber.
Honestly I could not see a "best of" of either band offering much.

If anyone has heard the bonus tracks, please post what they sound like. I generally hate compilations and best of albums, but I might have to pick this up for the acoustic version of "Not What You See".

If anyone has heard the bonus tracks, please post what they sound like. I generally hate compilations and best of albums, but I might have to pick this up for the acoustic version of "Not What You See".

This is the only reason I would be interested in this, too. Will probably just download the bonus tracks from Amazon.

really? The DVD doesn't interest you at all? Thats the sole reason I'm getting it. Brilliant quality.

I've had a bootleg of the 94 Japan DVD for years now. It's a high quality DVD, but I'd rather had seen quality footage from more classic tours like, The World Devastation Tour. :erk: Actually, I have several Sava bootlegs that would've been cool professionally shot.

~Brian~

SAVATAGE-STILL%20COVER%20FINAL%20300.JPG

***There are 2 version:

1) 2-cd "Best Of"
2) 3-disc with bonus "Live In Japan 1994" Deluxe Digi

We have in stock the 3-disc. There are 3 bonus tracks on CD #2, "Anymore", "Not What You See" and "Out In The Streets", all acoustic. Then there is the bonus "Live In Japan 1994" DVD. Dvd is only in PAL but plays on computers if you have a newer system. The DVD is 16 songs and includes: Taunting Cobras, Edge Of Thorns, Chance, Conversation Piece, Nothing Going On, He Carves His Stone, Jesus Saves, Watching You Fall, Castles Burning, All That I Bleed, Stare Into The Sun, Damien, Handful Of Rain, Sirens, Gutter Ballet and Hall Of The Mountain King.

This is imported from Germany and came out yesterday.

The packaging is a 4-panel fold out wiht booklet.

WWW.CDINZANE.COM
Phone Order Line: (763) 391-9344
Open 7am - 7pm, including Saturday's

SAVATAGE-STILL%20COVER%20FINAL%20300.JPG

***There are 2 version:

1) 2-cd "Best Of"
2) 3-disc with bonus "Live In Japan 1994" Deluxe Digi

We have in stock the 3-disc. There are 3 bonus tracks on CD #2, "Anymore", "Not What You See" and "Out In The Streets", all acoustic. Then there is the bonus "Live In Japan 1994" DVD. Dvd is only in PAL but plays on computers if you have a newer system. The DVD is 16 songs and includes: Taunting Cobras, Edge Of Thorns, Chance, Conversation Piece, Nothing Going On, He Carves His Stone, Jesus Saves, Watching You Fall, Castles Burning, All That I Bleed, Stare Into The Sun, Damien, Handful Of Rain, Sirens, Gutter Ballet and Hall Of The Mountain King.

This is imported from Germany and came out yesterday.

The packaging is a 4-panel fold out wiht booklet.

WWW.CDINZANE.COM
Phone Order Line: (763) 391-9344
Open 7am - 7pm, including Saturday's

Uhummmm...I'm still waiting on mine from you by the way! :lol: I'm just giving you hard time about it. :)

~Brian~

Okay, I've just picked this up at my local store today. It's a digipack so that sucks. I've always prefered jewel cases. The booklet is pretty average -- just some lyrics and familiar pics. No liner notes or anything. The DVD is why I picked it. I had the show on VHS. The bonus tracks are okay at best. And this is from the biggest Oliva fan in the world. To me, "Not What You See" doesn't really sound that great as an acoustic piece. Jon has supposedly played the guitars on it. And it says the bonus cuts were all recorded in 2009 in the booklet. It also says the songs are remasted. WTF! They don't sound any different at all. Like Savatage needed remastering. They have always been the best produced band on the planet. Maybe the remastered songs sound louder but who cares about that, right?

At any rate, if you're buying this, it'd better be for the DVD. Other than that, there is nothing worthwhile on this compilation. Even the artwork sucks IMO. I got it because I'm an idiot and the greatest Savatage fan in the world.

...with that said, I don't know how anyone who prides himself as waving the banner of true metal isn't more of a Savatage fan than you are. Seriously, have you taken a serious listen to at least their early stuff? o_O

~Brian~

Not wanting to sound like I want to start an argument or anything, but aren't you the guy who always pretty much trashes anything with growling or even a hint of growling? You ask how can someone wave a banner of true metal if they're not into Savatage, but I would ask you the same question except in regards to things with growl. My point is, people are allowed to not like Savatage and still fly whatever flag they want I would say. Personally I love Savatage, but I also kinda get sick of 1 out of every 5 posts on the ProgPower forums being Savatage related (no disrespect towards any of the guys involved with Savatage and it's related solo projects. I just get tired of "OMG SAVATAGE OMG OMG!" posts. I guess I half ranted there about something not quite on topic but oh well.

Not wanting to sound like I want to start an argument or anything, but aren't you the guy who always pretty much trashes anything with growling or even a hint of growling? You ask how can someone wave a banner of true metal if they're not into Savatage, but I would ask you the same question except in regards to things with growl. My point is, people are allowed to not like Savatage and still fly whatever flag they want I would say. Personally I love Savatage, but I also kinda get sick of 1 out of every 5 posts on the ProgPower forums being Savatage related (no disrespect towards any of the guys involved with Savatage and it's related solo projects. I just get tired of "OMG SAVATAGE OMG OMG!" posts. I guess I half ranted there about something not quite on topic but oh well.

Mosquito, actually I've warmed up to the growling over the years. I don't mind listening to growling if it fits the band or whatever they're trying to do. With that said, you're about a month late to the "there are too many Savatage threads" debate. There's a thread on here somewhere with all that on it, so knock yourself out if you want to read over it.

~Brian~