SAVE THE ASTORIA AND MEAN FIDDLER / LA2 !!

GOSS

Nov 25, 2005
London, England
Please help save the Astoria and its sister Mean Fiddler (LA 2) !!!

The Astoria’s owners have sold it to developers in June, and it is planned to demolish the historic Rock Venue into turn it into luxury flats – all to profit from the Olympics !!. :heh: :mad: The Astoria and Mean Fiddler are classic Rock venues and must be saved from the wrecking ball !! Saxon have played at both venues many times along with loads of classic rock bands, and it holds many very happy memories to a whole army of rock fans !:headbang: We cannot lose such a famous music venue - there is already a dearth of rock venues in London !!

16 year olds Jade and Sarah have set up the petition below which already has 21,490 signatures as of this morning. Please sign it and help save such a legendary venue.

http://www.savetheastoria.org/home.html

Cheers,

Goss.

Done....have any of these petition onliner things ever worked, ive signed loads over the years...

Does anyone know how 'Saxon' the dog got on??

Who cares?? - it's in London!! :lol: Only joking, of course - I always like going to the Astoria for gigs, if only because lots of the folk off here meet up for Saxon's Astoria gigs :)

Bec said:
Signed.

I can't believe this, the Astoria is a rock institution. :mad:

Agreed, the Astoria is an institution. Only trouble is, the council and the police have been wanted to close the place down for years because of a lot of trouble there. Needless to say, the trouble has never been at a rock/metal gig, it's always been rap etc gigs. So I'm sure if the council and police have their say, it will be goodnight to the Astoria.

Now up to 27,300 signatures, but please still help save the Astoria / Mean Fiddler from the wrecking ball !!! It is such an important venue !!:heh:

Cheers,

Goss.