Savino Palumbo Departure

OdinsCourt

Valhalla
Sep 26, 2003
MD, USA
www.odinscourtband.com
Odin's Court is sad to report that Savino Palumbo will be leaving Odin's Court. Palumbo's career as a performing jazz musician and piano instructor is blossoming, and he therefore does not have the time to fully commit to Odin’s Court.

Frontman Matt Brookins had the following comments on Palumbo’s departure: "Savino has been a part of this band for a good 6 years now. While his contribution to our sound will obviously and hugely be missed by our fans, his place in the lives of his band mates will be where he is missed the most. Odin's Court values friendship and camaraderie above all else, and through the past few years we have all grown very close. There will only ever be one Savino."

Palumbo commented: "After nearly 6 years in Odin's Court, it is with great sadness that I must announce my departure from the group. Everyone should know that it is with absolutely no hard feelings, as I have to leave due to issues beyond any of our control. The guys in OC are like my brothers, and I am leaving with a healthy collection of fond memories. We made fantastic music together and played wonderful shows, so it pains me to have to say this. I wish them all nothing but the best! However, on a positive note I am certainly proud to be on the latest album, Human Life in Motion, as it is by far the best output of the band yet! Thanks to everyone in Odin's Court for the brotherhood over the years, and thanks to the fans that have been supporting us!"

For the present time, Odin's Court will press on as a four piece with Brookins picking up live keyboard duties in addition to guitar and vocals. Brookins commented: "Down the road we may seek a fifth member to contribute to our live presentation, but for the time being the loss of Savino is too big a hole to attempt to fill."

Palumbo’s lastest contributions to the band can be heard on the upcoming album Human Life in Motion.