New Song Online!

Another song is online, though not really "new"...

Given the extreme advances in studio equipment and ability I've acquired over the past couple of years, I felt like some of our old material deserved more justice. While it's too time consuming and involved to rerecord everything, I figured I'd take the source material from ReDriven By Fate and remix a song.

Seeing as "His Dark Materials" is in our current live rotation, I figured this would be a good one to have fun with. So, I remixed the music fairly drastically. The vocals are completely new (and different at times), so the song now sounds much better in my opinion - especially considering that the source material isn't on the level of our new (and very professional sounding) recording of Deathanity.

Go to MySpace and select "His Dark Materials" in the player.

Enjoy!

- Matt

I can't wait to check these out. Going to have to wait till I get home and can listen to it on something other than crappy laptop speakers =D

Who is playing the sax?

Obesite is so different from anything you've done before... pretty cool. Going to take a bit to sink in. Really can't wait for this album.

BTW. Craig sounds killer on these songs.

Who is playing the sax?

Obesite is so different from anything you've done before... pretty cool. Going to take a bit to sink in. Really can't wait for this album.

BTW. Craig sounds killer on these songs.

Hey dude!

Passing through so I thought I'd take a stab at this one... ;)

His name is Bill Green and he is a music student at the same school as Savino. I've never been a fan of sax (despite my doppelganger) but Bill TEARS IT UP!! He is an amazing player and does a great job!

Yes, it is. I recorded my parts and had no idea how it was going to sound completed until a few weeks ago when I heard the final mix for the first time. It may not be very metal, but I like it a lot. Don't worry, believe it or not, it has tons of changing time signatures in it for the prog heads. :lol: It makes more sense when you take it context of the CD and have the lyrics to read.

I couldn't agree with you more! I told him the same thing!