New CD Guest Vocalist: TOM ENGLUND!

OdinsCourt

Valhalla
Sep 26, 2003
MD, USA
www.odinscourtband.com
ODIN'S COURT is happy to announce a very special guest vocalist: Tom Englund (EVERGREY)! Tom will be providing additional lead vocals on one of ODIN'S COURT's new songs called "Mammonific".

Matt had this to say about Tom: "I first heard EVERGREY when their album RECREATION DAY came out. I heard it once and was instantly hooked. They had a great balance of depth, song writing, and technicality, combined with an original sound. Tom's vocals struck me as something that stood out - a solid, technical singer who had a more middle range (something refreshing for their genre), and was also extremely unique and soulful. When I first approached Tom about doing a track, I expected he would be too busy since EVERGREY was recording a new album. However, Tom was super nice and very professional, and once an agreement was reached, he had me his part in less than a week! I look forward to people hearing what he brought to the table."

A previous announcement revealed that TONY KAKKO (best known for his work with SONATA ARCTICA) is appearing on the ODIN'S COURT song "Crownet".

To check out samples from "Crownet", "Mammonific", and other songs, go to the ODIN'S COURT homepageor MySpace.

ODIN'S COURT recently finished their new CD DEATHANITY, a concept album about the direction the human race is taking the planet. They are currently shopping the album to labels.

You can hear the full song "Volatilestial" from the upcoming album on ODIN'S COURT's MySpace.

You can hear the full song "Obesite" from the upcoming album on D2C STUDIOS' MySpace.

ODIN'S COURT will be performing live in Atlanta supporting CIRCLE II CIRCLE on their exclusive one-off show put on by PATHFINDER PROMOTIONS. Also in support are Eclipsed by Insanity and Halcyon Way. Tickets available here.

Rock on!
ODIN'S COURT

Fricken' Von Killer!
That's great news for you guys having both those legendary vox's on yer album...

Can't wait to get my mitts on it.

We should be announcing our new label and the release date(s) for the CD in the next week or so! :)

For now, here is the album cover!

Deathanity(Web).jpg

Odin's Court is proud to announce that the new CD Deathanity will be released worldwide on 15 July 2008 through ProgRock Records. SPV will be doing the European distribution.

Odin's Court would like to ask all the OC fans, friends, and supporters to please buy the latest album through their favorite brick and mortar outlet or favorite online retailer at this time.

If you happen to live in the Baltimore, MD USA area, please make sure to use Record and Tape Traders, as they are running a special promotion for the new CD.

Album Details:

Deathanity(Web).jpg

"Deathanity is the latest effort from Odin's Court, a Maryland, USA band. The album was recorded, mixed, and mastered by band architect Matt Brookins at D2C Studios between January 2007 and March 2008. Deathanity is an ambitious concept album dealing with the effects mankind's actions are having on the planet. Alternate views are offered through the use of instrumentation, lyrics, sound effects, and various vocal clips. Ambience, dynamics, and soul are combined with complexity, groove, and energy in a song oriented structure, to create a unique, surreal landscape. Each song, dealing with a different theme, is accompanied by a newly created word and definition in the album art. Special guest vocalists include TOM ENGLUND (Evergrey) and TONY KAKKO (Sonata Arctica). Other guests include Bill Green on tenor sax and Nicki Brookins, Elena Hall, and Suzanne Warner on backing vocals. Odin's Court, comprised of Matt Brookins (Vocals, Guitars), John Abella (Drums, Percussion), Savino Palumbo (Keyboards), Craig Jackson (Bass), and Rick Pierpont (Guitar), draws from classic inspirations such as Pink Floyd, Boston, Queen, Rush, Metallica, Yes, and Journey as well as more modern bands such as Devin Townsend, Chroma Key, OSI, Porcupine Tree, Dream Theater, and Tool."

Tracklisting:
01. Terracide
02. Volatilestial
03. Manifest Destiny
04. Oceanica Toxica
05. Mammonific
06. Animaulic
07. Esoterica
08. Crownet
09. Obesite
10. Ode to Joy
11. Cosmosera