New CD Next Guest Vocalist: TOM ENGLUND!

Glad to know you'll probably pick up the disc when it hits the market. :) I'm sure you'll enjoy it. :D

Tom was super fast with us. I don't think his involvement delayed Evergrey's CD too much. I'm sure when the new Evergrey disc comes out it will be well worth the wait! ;)

Cool news on getting Tom to sing!
Means I will probably buy that disc.

But, no disrespect to either you or Tom...but...

FINISH THE NEXT EVERGREY ALBUM ALREADY GODDAMMIT!

I hate it when music I want is delayed because some artists have to cooperate or something like that.
:lol:
Hey dude,

Thanks! Glad that means you will be getting the disk.

lol!! Yeah, I'm curious about that one too. I actually liked MMA, but not nearly as much as their older material. I really want to know what direction they took things.

:lol: It *will* make sense...

Thanks Jasun! We are all stoked! And I know I can't wait to hear Dark Deceiver either!

:headbang::headbang:

Great talking with you today Rick and congrats on completing the new disc! I'm looking forward to hearing it, Tom and Tony's vocal additions included. Kick ass at the Atlanta CIIC show, I'd be there if the show was in California! :headbang:

P.S. Also looking forward to the new ZH disc from those twins of technical goodness... :headbang:

Cheers!
Eric

Great talking with you today Rick and congrats on completing the new disc! I'm looking forward to hearing it, Tom and Tony's vocal additions included. Kick ass at the Atlanta CIIC show, I'd be there if the show was in California! :headbang:

P.S. Also looking forward to the new ZH disc from those twins of technical goodness... :headbang:

Cheers!
Eric
Hey Eric,

Great talking with you too! Thanks, we are all very stoked about having it done - now onto the next step. I can't wait for you to hear the whole thing, besides the better quality, there are some extra surprises for those used to the MySpace sversions. ;) Thanks - we intend on kicking some ass and are looking forward to the show! Yeah, I wish you wer able to make it too.

Definitely! I know its all done, now just the wait...

As a fan of Evergrey and Tom Englund, I say congrats to you guys for snagging him on guest vox for the new CD! Can't wait to hear it! See y'all on the 2nd!

Thanks! Yes, the 2nd will ROCK! Hoyt RULES!
See ya there, dude! Yeah, Hoyt is definitely the man of metal in ATL! He treated me royally at the show I attended in December, considering it was the weekend before my birthday. It was a night I'll never forget! First class all the way!

Guys I gotta say, this song is probably my favorite song on the whole album. All the other stuff is great, without a doubt, but Mammonific stands out for me.

E.B.S. and myself are honored to be sharing a night of metal with you guys on the 2nd.

Patrick, this will be my first chance to see you in EBS, can't wait! I thought you ruled the basslines with Theocracy in December. See y'all soon!

As a fan of Evergrey and Tom Englund, I say congrats to you guys for snagging him on guest vox for the new CD! Can't wait to hear it! See y'all on the 2nd!
Thanks! I'm a huge fan of Evergrey and Tom so it is really special for me too! For now you can check out the sample on or MySpace or website. See ya!

Guys I gotta say, this song is probably my favorite song on the whole album. All the other stuff is great, without a doubt, but Mammonific stands out for me.

E.B.S. and myself are honored to be sharing a night of metal with you guys on the 2nd.
Hey Patrick,

Thanks! I'm glad that you like it so much -- that's great to hear! Also glad that you like the rest of the disk.

Thanks and like-wise! I can't wait and that's a good thing since it is coming up so quickly now! I've also heard a lot of good things about you in Theocracy, so I'd like to catch you guys again -- this time with you in it.:headbang: BTW, do you think Matt will making it to this show?

Hey Patrick,

Thanks! I'm glad that you like it so much -- that's great to hear! Also glad that you like the rest of the disk.

Thanks and like-wise! I can't wait and that's a good thing since it is coming up so quickly now! I've also heard a lot of good things about you in Theocracy, so I'd like to catch you guys again -- this time with you in it.:headbang: BTW, do you think Matt will making it to this show?

I don't see why he wouldn't be there, but then again who knows. When I find out I'll shoot you a message or something.

7thSaviour said:
Patrick, this will be my first chance to see you in EBS, can't wait! I thought you ruled the basslines with Theocracy in December. See y'all soon!

I have ten times the energy on stage as a singer than I do as a bass player, so hopefully you'll enjoy our show. It's quite ironic considering I started out as a bass player and then discovered singing could be a decent alternative to not being good enough as a bassist to join a band. I sorta forced myself to step out of my comfort zone and learn how to sing and if it wasn't for E.B.S. seeing any potential in me, I wouldn't be the singer I am today. I've had many good influences over the years attending ProgPower, so I feel I have much to accomplish if I hope to be half as good as my heroes someday.

but I should probably stop talking about unrelated things, this is about Odin's Court and the kickass ability they have to get awesome guest musicians on their material!

Im jealous.

I don't see why he wouldn't be there, but then again who knows. When I find out I'll shoot you a message or something.

I have ten times the energy on stage as a singer than I do as a bass player, so hopefully you'll enjoy our show. It's quite ironic considering I started out as a bass player and then discovered singing could be a decent alternative to not being good enough as a bassist to join a band. I sorta forced myself to step out of my comfort zone and learn how to sing and if it wasn't for E.B.S. seeing any potential in me, I wouldn't be the singer I am today. I've had many good influences over the years attending ProgPower, so I feel I have much to accomplish if I hope to be half as good as my heroes someday.

but I should probably stop talking about unrelated things, this is about Odin's Court and the kickass ability they have to get awesome guest musicians on their material!

Im jealous.
Right on, Patrick! Can't wait to hear you wailin' on the mic! I've heard tons of great things about EBS, so my expectations are high! See ya on the 2nd!:kickass:

*the distant sound of wheels starting to turn*

Now you guys (Odin's Court) got me thinking about bringing a decent name in to do some guest vocals for a song on our debut CD, whenever that is (Im assuming we need to get some stuff sent in to record labels before I start thinking about all that.) Thanks for planting the seed guys. Although I doubt what I have in mind is as big as Kakko or Englund, but if it pulls through it will most definitely be an interesting combination.

*the distant sound of wheels starting to turn*

Now you guys (Odin's Court) got me thinking about bringing a decent name in to do some guest vocals for a song on our debut CD, whenever that is (Im assuming we need to get some stuff sent in to record labels before I start thinking about all that.) Thanks for planting the seed guys. Although I doubt what I have in mind is as big as Kakko or Englund, but if it pulls through it will most definitely be an interesting combination.

Just do it because their voice fits the song better than yours =p Not for name recognition (marketing).

Guest solos and such are cool when people are saying 'hey I want Mr. Amazing Vocalist/Guitarist to sing/play a solo on this because we are friends', or 'hey I want Mr. Amazing Vocalist/Guitarist to sing/play a solo on this because well... his style fits the song better than what we can do.' or Mr...... because well nobody in our band knows how to play the classical guitar.

But many bands do it for name recognition (name dropping) and to get on a label.

Problems ensue when label is in competition with label name person is on and has a contract with .. etc.etc.etc.

Odin's court does it because Matt recognizes his own technical limitations and wants to add other vocal textures to the album. Odin's Court rules. Can't wait for the new album! =D

Just do it because their voice fits the song better than yours =p Not for name recognition (marketing).

hence the reason I won't be going after a bigger name like Kakko, Englund, or freakin Kai Hansen or something. In my opinion they are big names and Odin's Court is already established from what I can tell so they definitely didn't do it for marketing, so I don't want anyone thinking Im making a stab at them. I think the addition of Kakko and Englund on the new OC disc is killer and makes those songs what they are suppose to be. So Kudos to Odin's Court for acquiring the necessary assets into making this album as killer as it is. The concept really comes across clearly, and the guest vocals are such a treat to listen to as a part to the storyline. (Im a sucker for concepts)

Especially after listening to Mammonific - I think Tom Englund makes that song such a meaningful and powerful tune on OC's new disc - the vocalist I have in mind will stylistically make our song more meaningful and without a doubt amplify the vision I have for this song in my eyes, plus it would be such an honor because this vocalist is one of my bigger influences.

Trust me, I won't let anyone sing something I write just because I think it will help us sell stuff. Im really not like that at all, and I hope no one thinks Im that kind of person or my band is that kind of band. We've worked our asses off for this long, and we'll continue to do so.

I got my bases covered, Im not dirty or shallow. Also notice, I said we need to send stuff in to record labels -BEFORE- I worry about that. =P

I appreciate the advice, as well known to me as it was, none the less.

Odin's court does it because Matt recognizes his own technical limitations and wants to add other vocal textures to the album. Odin's Court rules. Can't wait for the new album! =D
Couldn't have said it better myself. :) I have a very unique approach (especially on the new CD), and that is part of the trademark OC sound. The whole point of getting a different singer was to have a nice contrast to my voice (which Tony and I talked about and both agreed that it ended up working very well). I 100% think me singing "Crownet" or "Mammonific" would not have had the same impact. Those songs were written with their singing styles in mind. I had several others I talked to with similar (but obviously different) voices (i.e. 1) a dramtic tenor more middle range and rasp and 2) a high technical smooth singer). Their voices, just like the sax and the female singers are all part of those different textures that IMHO make the album more interesting.

Glad to hear you can't wait for it! I can't wait to get it out for you to hear!