Savoring the anticipation

Gory Elephant

Apr 26, 2003
Does anyone else here LOVE the feeling of anticipation you get when you are waiting for metal shipments in the mail? I dont' know about everyone else, but since retail music stores blow so hard, I get almost all my music from mail order catalogs or trades, and it is always a highlight of my day (it is true, I have no life) to take that walk to good old Mr. Mail Box to see if any of my stuff has come in.

I have currently sent out trades or cash for the following, some of which should be rolling in any day now:

Black Reign demo
Winds of the Black Mountain - Black Sun Rises
Bathory Tribute
Beherit Tribute
Burzum - Hildsjkalf (or whatever the hell it is)
Darkthrone - Under a Funeral Moon
Demoncy - Joined in Darkness
Inquisition - (Into the Infernal)

Can't wait!!!

I am the same way. I go through phases where I order a ton of stuff and I'm itching to get out of work and check the mail. I'll call my girlfriend three times asking if she got the mail. Thing is, she likes to try to hide packages when they come in so I prefer to get it myself and avoid the games. Don't mess with the CD shipments...

Psychonaut said:
I am the same way. I go through phases where I order a ton of stuff and I'm itching to get out of work and check the mail. I'll call my girlfriend three times asking if she got the mail. Thing is, she likes to try to hide packages when they come in so I prefer to get it myself and avoid the games. Don't mess with the CD shipments...

She "hides" the packages????? SACRILEGE!!!!!

Luckily, my wife has not thought of that yet.

I used to love the anticipation- it was worth the price of the cd- or the let down a truly bad new cd. Now, I unfortuntely steal( or share if you like) almost all of my music- except for those bands I truly love

Gory Elephant said:
She "hides" the packages????? SACRILEGE!!!!!

Luckily, my wife has not thought of that yet.

I've taken to watching her through the window when she gets the mail. I've caught her a couple of times now but at least I can see her slip them into her waistband before she starts her "sorry, babe, it didn't come" crap. One time I was totally pissed off that a shipment hadn't arrived after over a week. I found the package in the spice cabinet. She had forgotten she put it there. Tsk tsk...

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

Mailbox empty... Lifeforce fading... Need new infusion of metal.... Might have to swing by Newbury Comics tonight on the way to chess club (yes, I am a chess geek) and plunk down some hard earned fun tickets for a used CD. Just to tide me over, you know.

Mike out.

I haven't ordered many CDs so far, but whenever I do order one, I always really look forward to receiving them. I think I will start ordering CDs more, since the CD stores often don't have the CDs I am looking for.

Life Sucks said:
I haven't ordered many CDs so far, but whenever I do order one, I always really look forward to receiving them. I think I will start ordering CDs more, since the CD stores often don't have the CDs I am looking for.

Oh, yah, bro, mail order (or internet order) is the ONLY way to go. Not only for the VASTLY increased selection, but for the fact that most CD's (even if you have to pay extra for shipping) are not nearly as rapaciously priced as you find in the stores. I remember when I was looking to check out the newest Mortician CD, Strawberries (or some other abomination of a mall music store) had it, and actually expected me to pay $18.99 for it. FUCK THAT. I will NEVER pay that much for a CD. Found the same one with Extremist Records for $8. Shipping included, if you can believe that.

For the guy earlier that was complaining about the shipping charges, there are a lot of distros out that that include the shipping in their prices, and are very reasonable. Like I said, extremist records is one of them. Check 'em out.

Mike out.