Saw Phil Collins live tonight.

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
Not sure if anybody cares, but he put on a pretty damn good show. Somehow we ended up with free tickets for 3rd row dead center seats so the view and sound was awesome. Anyhow, he started off with a 15 minute drum-off w/ him, his normal drummer, and the percussionist. That ruled. Then he played most of his pop stuff which I'm not a huge fan of, but it was still pretty good. Lots of energy for an old fucker.

Anyhow, what I realized tonight is that even though a lot of this pop stuff has simple arrangements and music that takes second stage to the vocals, with some acts at least, there really is a TON of music going on back there! Two guitarists, drummer, percussionist, 4 man horn section, keyboardist, and 5 backup singers all put together one helluva show tonight with some outstanding musicianship and enthusiasm shown by all. I need to look up who his rythm guitarist is, the dude was simple extraordinary. Also I really want a Dingwall bass, they kick ass.

Prediction: 3 view, 0 replies. :Spin:

No Genesis stuff. I think he played some Disney stuff, I don't really recognize a lot of his stuff though. One of the backup singers looked like Tarzan, in a Christian missionary kind of way. He played J.'s two favorite songs.

There are two Collins song I really love, one of which he played and the other he didn't. I don't know the names of either one.

There's a select bunch of cuts from the ...But Seriously album that I love, but apart from one I can't see how they'd translate to a live arena without driving people to suicide. fyi they're That's Just The Way It Is, Do You Remember?, Something Happened On The Way To Heaven, Another Day In Paradise and All Of My Life. No prizes as to guessing which one is the exception.

He must've done In The Air Tonight, right? When the proper drums kick in over the drum machine....hell, that's like the intro of Money For Nothing by Dire Straits - total headbanging moment followed by total anticlimax!

Phil Collins is cool, I don't give a shit what anyone else says. All the people I've heard say he's a bastard I think are trying to imply that he ruined Genesis...but they weren't even born when Genesis had Peter "insecure homosexual" Gabriel fronting, so fuck them poofs trying to look hardcore. As far as the people I've known personally go, Phil Collins blows away all the wank they listen to anyway :loco:

Chris LeDoux (big country artist) came to my town of about 5000 people a few weeks ago and about half the town showed up (literally). He put on a good show with two drummers, a fiddle player and an accordion player. Also played a little lead guitar and rode a mechanical bull on stage. Rule.

Opeth17 said:
Chris LeDoux (big country artist) came to my town of about 5000 people a few weeks ago and about half the town showed up (literally). He put on a good show with two drummers, a fiddle player and an accordion player. Also played a little lead guitar and rode a mechanical bull on stage. Rule.
:ill: :puke: :yuk:

Phil Collins >>>>>>> Chris LeDoux