Saxon @ Arcada Theater - Oct 8

HELLMOTHERFUCKINGYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As some know, they have been at the top of my to-see list for years and have been really impatient not being able to see them, so I am stoked about this...however, I do wish it was another week as there's a shit-ton of shows early October. This will be number one on my list though.

As for the Arcadia, it's a really odd venue. I went there for Accept last year. It's basically what used to be an old fashioned movie theater turned into a concert venue, with the occasional old film/film festival. Make sure to keep checking the website for onsales though. You won't be able to get tickets on Ticketmaster. The cool thing though is when you do order them on their website, you basically get to pick where you want to be. Just a warning though, those seats are VERY uncomfortable.

It's a seated venue??? Bleh......I was thinking about this, but if I wanted to watch metal from a seat, I'd just sit in on the bands I don't like at ProgPowed. Boooo seats.

*I mean the seats at ProgPower. But seriously. Is there a floor area for those who want to stand at the front of this?

It's assigned seating seats. You can probably very easily get tickets up front for the show though as I did for Accept. Maybe you don't like seats, but I wouldn't miss Saxon as it is very, VERY rare for them to play over here.

Seats at a metal show. Doesn't sit right with me. But I will look into the possibility of this. It's an 8 hour drive no matter what for me. It's just a week after "METUHL WEEKEND" though...

go see Saxon.....The Descendents are assholes.

What happened? Did they not give you an interview?

I have seen the Descendents twice.
I traveled to Madison for their first official reunion show back in 96.

Haven't seen them in a VERY long time, but they were great live back then, as was ALL.

Crap! I completely forgot about all the RIOT FEST shows around this time too.

Haven't seen them in a VERY long time, but they were great live back then, as was ALL.

I was going to tape them....talked to them and they had to run it by thier manager. It was one of thier wives. She went around the club to make sure people only tapes 2 songs and she had security with her. Some of the guys in the Swing Utters who were on tour with them said that they did this at every show for some reason. Every band I delt with was always cool until them.

Gotcha,
I was at that show. It was in Elgin I think, right?
I suppose those were more prosperous times where bands were still marginally making money off of releases so they were more guarded of things like taping.

Nowadays bands should be thanking anyone who bootlegs the live shows and puts it up on youtube. You can't buy that kind of exposure.

ALL is playing a couple shows as well (with the various singers). I may see them because they're pretty much the same thing as the Descendents. Then I can still see Saxon.