SAXON Chronicles finally released in USA

mveneck

Nov 19, 2002
New Jersey USA
I thought a new thread would be appropriate the other one was getting really too long.

Amazon.com told me that my pre-order shipped last thursday.
USA folks - we'll talk about it here when we all see it.

I wonder how USA sales are going. Pre-order numbers should be known by now.

-Mike

I don't even own a DVD player yet, all the more reason to buy one now that the Saxon chronicles are being released here in the US

Man That :headbang:

mveneck said:
I thought a new thread would be appropriate the other one was getting really too long.

-Mike

Hi Rick (and all!).

DVDs are great. Home theaters are real cheap these days, you can buy a surround sound system in a supermarket for under 100 bucks. I'd buy it just for "Attack of the clones" (and the Saxon disc of corse!).

I wish I knew about this discussion board two years ago I would have arranged to meet some of the old shool folks here at the bar during the shows. I was at the NJ metalfest and the 1998 stop at the (now closed thanks to great white) Birch Hill night club. Saxon shows are rare in USA and so are we. My single friends would rather go to a better pick up joint or see a larger attraction gig like Def Leppard who was touring the same week as Saxon.

The bottom line is that the 2000 Killing Ground tour I managed to get ther other guys to go and one of them got lai_*d (lucky) so when they come again we'll be there.

I'll comment on the DCD when the mail arrives, probably later in the week... Amazon.com shipped it thursday.

Happy Thanksgiving to all USA folks reading this.
To the Britts...up the irons and let's kick some Iraqi arse.
Sorry it takes a $200,000 helicopter to shoot down a $15 tent, but thats war for ya! God Bless the soldiers and kids from all around.

Thanks mveck and well put couldn't have said it better myself.

mveneck said:
Hi Rick (and all!).

DVDs are great. Home theaters are real cheap these days, you can buy a surround sound system in a supermarket for under 100 bucks. I'd buy it just for "Attack of the clones" (and the Saxon disc of corse!).

I wish I knew about this discussion board two years ago I would have arranged to meet some of the old shool folks here at the bar during the shows. I was at the NJ metalfest and the 1998 stop at the (now closed thanks to great white) Birch Hill night club. Saxon shows are rare in USA and so are we. My single friends would rather go to a better pick up joint or see a larger attraction gig like Def Leppard who was touring the same week as Saxon.

The bottom line is that the 2000 Killing Ground tour I managed to get ther other guys to go and one of them got lai_*d (lucky) so when they come again we'll be there.

I'll comment on the DCD when the mail arrives, probably later in the week... Amazon.com shipped it thursday.

Happy Thanksgiving to all USA folks reading this.
To the Britts...up the irons and let's kick some Iraqi arse.
Sorry it takes a $200,000 helicopter to shoot down a $15 tent, but thats war for ya! God Bless the soldiers and kids from all around.

mveneck said:

-Mike

Dont know how the sales are going in the States,but I got my Chronicles last Saturday from Amazon.This dvd rules.I'v been following Biff and the boys since the early 80's,and there is shit on this dvd that I never knew existed.
Dec.13th Dusseldorf here we come.

great disc! Yes it is wierd hearing the KG intro with motorcycle man but i think we all saw the killing ground video plenty of times that we can all fill in the blanks. Now that I've seen the WOA video, I see that the KG video is really just clipps from the whole gig. I liked the coverage from the USA tour on the second disc. I can care to not dream about the "up the nose" closeups and everyone farting on the busses. i guess thats life on the road for you.. I appreciate the skip from 1985 to 1991, Albums from rock the nations to Destiny missed the USA as the liner notes said, and also alinenated the british audience. Forever free and forward regained the Saxon roots but it took a few years to reclaim the respect of the album purchasing people. BTW I'm no longer spell checking this so excuse me... anyway.. Biff said in his disc 1 interview that Saxon has 3 or 5 years. If they were 25 in 1980 then that makes them 50+ now. Nice house, Biff. Must be great to be a rock star. Ozzy's yard is messyer. I just have a regular home. Anyway.. Biff talks about audiences of 200...100.. I saw them in 1988 Destiny tour in Brooklyn NY with about 100 at Lamour. About the same in 1998 at Birch Hill NJ... At NJ Metalfest festival show they got 1000 in Asbury Park in 2000. It's been a lot of work for them, but they are getting the fans going in the past few years. Lots of lineup changes havent hurt the recent pickup. I always hope they make another album and another trip to the US who (saxon747.com people aside) have ignored them. Radio plays them one a year on the metalshop show, maybe once more on college radio. SAXON, DON'T IGNORE US. I worked for a radio show as a college intern and the analogy was one caller equals 100 listeners. SAXON gets requests in New Jersey a few times a month!

Happy holidays to all!

Woo Hooo!!! I picked up the DVD this afternoon. There was only 1 at Best Buy. So instead of waitin till Christmas I bought it. I've only had the chance to watch the live footage and Biff's interview. But so far I am very pleased. The packaging is KICK ASS!!!:headbang:

Twisted Tony said:
Woo Hooo!!! I picked up the DVD this afternoon. There was only 1 at Best Buy. So instead of waitin till Christmas I bought it. I've only had the chance to watch the live footage and Biff's interview. But so far I am very pleased. The packaging is KICK ASS!!!:headbang:
Agree....this is by far the best packaging of any DVD. It's almost like a book!. Great footage!!!! Now all we need is a U.S. tour!