Kiuas in the USA

compurocker

rocking out
Mar 7, 2009
Aurora, IL
cybermoshpit.com
I was one of the few lucky enough to see Kiuas destroy the place in their first and only US appearance at Chicago Powerfest in 2009. I'm hopeful that the US release of Lustdriven is only being held back because they are working on a tour package to surround it.

But in case a tour doesn't happen any time soon, I'm holding onto hope that they'll at least be able to make another US festival appearance: ProgPower USA in Atlanta, GA. The PPUSA XII (2011) roster has been announced and Kiuas was absent from the list, much to my dismay. Though the Thursday Kick-off/Showcase roster is still yet to be announced.

Looking at prior rosters, bands that have played both Chicago Powerfest and ProgPower USA have done so anywhere from the same year to five years apart. So on average, ProgPower in 2011 or 2012 is just about right for Kiuas!

It won't happen without our help, though. Kiuas fans in the USA, if you're not familiar with ProgPower, come check it out. One of the best metal fests around: great music, awesome venue, and crowd that's like family. If you've been to ProgPower before, or are just checking it out for the first time, head over to their forums which are also hosted right here on Ultimate Metal.

Join the great discussion, spread the love for Kiuas, and show everyone why Kiuas should play this fest. We only have until about April-May to influence the 2012 roster as it starts getting booked in May-June, for a September reveal. Those that are able and willing could even offer to sponsor the band around that time. But until then we just need to generate the buzz for Kiuas. Besides the great forums here on Ultimate Metal, we can also hype the Kiuas ProgPower possibility on Facebook or Twitter @ProgPower and with the #ppusa hashtag.

Missing a Kiuas album, or four? Buy them from one of these fine US-based vendors! They make a great gift for friends, too. Album sales are one of the factors that a promoter looks at when booking a band. Buying Kiuas albums have a direct effect on the band's ability to tour, or to play festivals.

Also be sure to request Kiuas on your favorite metal radio show. The band and their label need to help us by letting us know which terrestrial radio stations in the US have Kiuas in their library, and by getting them in the hands of more stations. College/university stations are probably the best bet for having a metal show that showcases lesser known metal bands. We can request them from our favorite Internet radio stations (such as Epic Rock Radio) as well as Sirius/XM, too.

Waiting with bated breath for Kiuas to announce their next US date(s). Let's do what we can to make it happen sooner than later!

Progpower 2011?
I don't know... it'd be too tempting for me to spend my fortune on return airfares, what with Arcturus' reunion and all...

Whoa, sorry Adam! Can you post that again? :loco:

Ha! Sorry Mikko!

What I had posted was that Symphony X was taking submissions for bands fans would like to see tour with them around the US. Seeing as Symphony X is a US band, they do a lot of different venues across the US on their tours. I suggested to them that they check out Kiuas and see if they could get them on the tour, that would give them a HELL of a lot of exposure here. When I suggested this to Mikko, he said it would be "niiiicee" and told me that that kind of stuff is really just done by band's talking to each other. So I think if a lot of Kiuas fans suggest this to Symphony X it might at least make them take a little interest and maybe start some communication between the two bands.

Symphony X will be touring soon in support of the album they are getting ready to release so I think that would be awesome if we all sent them an email (symxfaq @ gmail.com) suggesting Kiuas.

EDIT: Also Mikko promised me they'd open with Kiuassault if this happens.

If I could see Symphony X and Kiuas (two of my three equal favourite bands) in the one show, I'd definitely see them in at least 3 Australian states. It's the stuff of dreams- but there's always hope.

Ha! Sorry Mikko!

What I had posted was that Symphony X was taking submissions for bands fans would like to see tour with them around the US. Seeing as Symphony X is a US band, they do a lot of different venues across the US on their tours. I suggested to them that they check out Kiuas and see if they could get them on the tour, that would give them a HELL of a lot of exposure here. When I suggested this to Mikko, he said it would be "niiiicee" and told me that that kind of stuff is really just done by band's talking to each other. So I think if a lot of Kiuas fans suggest this to Symphony X it might at least make them take a little interest and maybe start some communication between the two bands.

Symphony X will be touring soon in support of the album they are getting ready to release so I think that would be awesome if we all sent them an email (symxfaq @ gmail.com) suggesting Kiuas.

EDIT: Also Mikko promised me they'd open with Kiuassault if this happens.

I promised that? :dopey: OK, we will, haha!

And everyone: if you want this to be possible, do as Adam suggests and mail Symphony X, IMMEDIATELY! :hotjump:

On that note, mail progpower AS WELL!

We've already contacted them of course. :kickass:

Kiuas was on my list as a prediction for next year's PPXII. Despite the lineup (Sanctuary?!?!), I was disappointed they were not on it. I am thinking the only way I will see them is to take a trip to Finland.

Finland has a wealth of metal bands for sure. Some of my favorites from there are Ensiferum, Wintersun, Finntroll, Turisas, Korpiklaani, CoB, Tarot, Moonsorrow, Norther, jsut to name a few. Along with Kiuas, of course.

Unfortunately I am going on vacation next week to see my last remaining grandparent in NY, my step-son in Michigan and my best friend for his birthday in Ohio.

Oh, I just saw - you are Diabolos on zune. I'm Harley D68. I guess we already have a connection.

Kiuas are currently in the top 10 requested bands of November on Epic Rock Radio!

Top Artists of November
1. Sonata Arctica (71)
2. Kamelot (70)
3. Helloween (67)
4. Blind Guardian (66)
5. Symphony X (65)
6. Freedom Call (60)
7. Iron Maiden (59)
8. HammerFall (53)
9. Kiuas (52)
10. Sabaton (52)
11. Avantasia (50)
12. Allen-Lande (49)
13. Korpiklaani (49)
14. Nightwish (47)
15. Dream Theater (43)

[edit] It would be awesome if one of the guys recorded a "sweeper" (station id) for ERR - send me a pm and I can give you the email of the person in charge of those.