SAXON - Eagles Over Wacken

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
"Some things just go together…heavy metal and thunder…denim and leather …Saxon and Wacken. They've been old friends for many years now, their harmony collecting an army of thousands upon thousands who view Saxon live as a pilgrimage to the heart of metal music. And when that pilgrimage takes you, repeatedly, to the largest heavy metal festival in the world, Wacken Open Air in Germany, the results will always be electric. "When we first played Wacken, it was a small festival with a small stage in a small field, driven by nothing more than raw enthusiasm, which appealed very much to us!" says Biff Byford, Saxon's venerable frontman, "it started as fans putting on a festival for fans, and now it's fair to say that it is to Heavy Metal what the Donington Festival used to be. That was the iconic heavy metal festival of the 80's, and Wacken is the iconic heavy metal festival of now."
Now you can feel that electricity for yourselves thanks to Saxon - Heavy Metal Thunder - Live - Eagles Over Wacken the no-fat-no-bullshit-100%-pure CD/DVD featuring DVD highlights from Saxon's Wacken shows in 2004, 2007 and 2009 comprising THIRTY songs, plus a live CD from Glasgow in 2011. Each set captures the Barnsley-bred British heavy metal legends delivering classic after classic, from "Denim & Leather to "Metalhead to "Heavy Metal Thunder to "Princess Of The Night to "Crusader in front of 75,000+ loyal, ravenous fans, who have come to expect (and receive) the levels of performance Saxon have been delivering for 32 years. "And when the eagle comes down at Wacken, when it opens up over the audience, it is always an electric moment for those there, says Biff emphatically of the famous Saxon eagle, a ton or so of steel and lights, rescued from a storage space in the British home counties where it had lain dormant gathering rust. In many ways, the eagle's rebirth and Wacken's ascent are partners on the journey, as it was Wacken's organizers who offered to restore the mighty metal bird so as it could become a live centerpiece of both Wacken and Saxon's history. And when it comes to heavy metal, Saxon's history is, indeed, rich.

Heavy Metal Thunder - Live - Eagles Over Wacken is available in a variety of formats, including the 'Golden Ticket' D2C/Direct To Consumer Box. Strictly limited, this exclusive package contains the "Best Of Wacken DVD, plus the full and complete Saxon W:O:A performances from 2004/2007/2009 each on a separate DVD, plus a Saxon flag. The real surprise is that 10 ‚Golden Tickets' are randomly included in the box sets, which will allow the lucky winners to visit any Saxon concert in any city around the world (excluding festival appearances). 'Silver Tickets' giving access to special online content are for the remaining boxes so there are no losers - only winners.
For more information visit www.saxon747.com."

Saxon2.jpg

Heavy Metal Thunder - Live - Eagles Over Wacken CD/DVD is due on the following release dates:

April 20th - Europe
April 23rd - UK
May 22nd - North America

More details at http://www.bravewords.com/news/181632

Last edited by a moderator:
Biff is the real deal...delivers every night...and one of the nicest human beings on the planet!

For sure, I was fortunate to see them on the U.S. tours they did for DENIM & LEATHER (with Molly Hatchet!) and CRUSADER (with Armored Saint) , awesome...

Hahaha, I totally remember way back when seeing an ad for Saxon and Molly Hatchet here in Chicago and my brother and I were going to go. Wish we had. Still one band I haven't seen yet that's on my list!

Hahaha, I totally remember way back when seeing an ad for Saxon and Molly Hatchet here in Chicago and my brother and I were going to go. Wish we had. Still one band I haven't seen yet that's on my list!

Yeah I thought it was a strange pairing at the time but it was fantastic!

Yea, but the 80s were full of odd lineups!

I still remember RAVEN / TANK / BOB LUCE WRESTLING, event that took place at a High School gym in Chicago.
I honestly don't know if it ever officially took place, but it was advertised during local wrestling all the time.

Yea, but the 80s were full of odd lineups!

I still remember RAVEN / TANK / BOB LUCE WRESTLING, event that took place at a High School gym in Chicago.
I honestly don't know if it ever officially took place, but it was advertised during local wrestling all the time.

I remember a RAVEN/TANK tour that had been advertised in the 80s. I bought my tickets but it eventually got cancelled, which pissed me off...:heh:

Yeah I thought it was a strange pairing at the time but it was fantastic!

I saw them open for UFO in 1982, and again, I THINK with Armoured Saint. Would have loved to have seen them with Hatchet. I did see MH with MSG, which was the oddest pairing I've been to.....