SAXON - Heavy Metal Thunder - Live Eagles Over Wacken (2 CD ) NEW

ESPJL5150

Dec 18, 2007
Chicago, IL
www.myspace.com
Hello all i have lurked here for awhile and just recently got back into recording again. I just bought a RME Babyface and noticed UA has been shipping out there Apollo units. For recording basically im doing guitars through DI and using Amp sims for right now but have the mics and option to mic real cabs and amps. Im using Metal Foundry for drums via midi as I don't have a means for recording live drums. Im taking on the recording duties of my new project and was looking for some advice on which unit to get or keep the Babyface. I want a quality sound for this project so no real limitations and was wondering if anyone would recommend the Fireface 800 or Apollo over the Babyface i know they seem kinda of overboard in comparison but im thinking along the lines of not buying another interface for some time and just be done with it before i open the Babyface box. I also searched the net for some Babyface metal recordings for samples to hear and could'nt really find anything I was hoping if someone knew someone here with one if i could hear some samples of the babyface on a metal track.

Thanks in Advance,
Jeff

Honestly, from what you are trying to do, both the Apollo and FF800 are both way too much interface for your needs.

That said, can't go wrong with either one. The advantage of the Apollo is that it basically has a UAD card inside of it, allowing you to run pugs off the interface instead of from the computer. Otherwise pretty even IMO, RME has great drivers and conversion, I'm sure the Apollo has comparable conversion, most likely the drivers are fine as well.

Thanks for the input I understand i can always expand in the future i'm gonna keep the Babyface for now and upgrade when i need it! From this point now when i get my first track done i will post it here for some metal songs samples of the babyface!