SAXON IN BREMEN

S

strongarm65

Hello!
Yesterday evening we wen't to the surprise gig of Saxon here in Bremen. At first we were disappointed because the event was taken into the smaller location of the Aladin-Music-Hall it names Tivoli.
I think they haven't sold enough tickets and so it happened.
There were about 400 fans there, what is not the most for a SAXON concert in Bremen but many for a gig without real promotion.

Opening were two local german bands MURDER ONE and NUTELLICA.
They did a good job and the crowd was banging.

At 10pm SAXON entered the stage without a intro just light's out and play and the crowd starts to bang their heads, clapping and singing every song till the end of the gig.
Although the sound was not the best(blame it to the TIVOLI)
SAXON did a very kick-ass-job.
Biff told us that they came from Hamburg where they are recording the new album which will be comming out in september a n d it will be a double album ( I didn't new that)!!!:cool:
Here is the whole SETLIST:

Metallhead
Solid Ball Of Rock
Dogs Of War
Dallas 1pm
Heavy Metall Thunder
Son Of Evil
Broken Heroes
Cut Out The Disease
Bands Played On
Eagle Has Landed (Biff promised here,the EAGLE would be in Wacken and at the other festivals)
Conquistador (with very cool drum solo)
Crusader
This was the really short regular set because it was only a warm up for the show today in Leverkusen.
But then came the bonustracks:

Unleash The Beast
Motorcycle Man
Ride Like The Wind
Princess Of The Night
and of course
Wheels Of Steel

After one hour and 45minutes they left finally the Stage and us, a again fully satisfied audience.
The guys did a really great job as always when we saw them. I hope the next time they will come to promote the new album and then they'll get a better location with better sound because they deserve it much more than any other band I knew.
Unfortunatelly we hadn't the chance to met the band after concert because they had to hurry up to go to Leverkusen I think.
Finally it's allways the best show you can go to when SAXON comes to town. I'm a Saxon fan since 1982 and my first concert of them was here in 1985 with Pretty Maids supporting. I think they will get better every year and Biff's voice is as powerfull as in the beginning.

Now I have to end this and you guys have to go out buying tickets for Bloodstock,Wacken and so on.....
enjoy your shows :rollin: :cool:
bye Michael&Tina