Saxon in Kiel

MetalMolde

New Metal Member
Sep 23, 2004
It was incredible...a great opening gig for the lionheart tour...Saxon played 2 hours and 20 minutes it was amazing...they opened with The Return and Lionheart the best opening they could do...wow and they played so good it was just amazing ... thank you SAXON for this beautiful evening in kiel it was awesome
also the support Dream evil was very cool they really match as a support band for Saxon and i liked their style thank you too
be blessed
Molde

Hi Molde,

thanks for your report here..

Do you remember some more details (setlist (especially what new songs were played), stage,shirts and merchandising??

Best,

Karsten

From the new album The Return, Lionheart, Beyond the grave, Flying on the edge, Jack Tars, English Manowar, Man and Machine, Witchfinder General

They played Power and Glory, Never Surrender, Crusader, Princess of the night, Heavymetal thunder, Wheels of steel and some more stuff....
and they have new shirts the Lionheart shirt is very nice ...i like it

Thanks for the additional information..Pleased to see that they played most of the new album, really curious what the songs sound like when played live..

2h 20 minute is cool as well...I'm a huge Dokken fan but I hate to see Don walk off the stage for good after less than half of this time (68 minutes on the last tour)...saxon give value for money, one of the reasons I'll go there everytime they are around..

yes it's great how much they give you for your money...well the songs sound great really great also the old songs sound cool they played them all in the style of the lionheart album very heavy it was awesome and the sound was great very very loud but it's HEAVY METAL

I've been at the saxon concert in Kiel with Molde :tickled:

And :OMG: it was an amazing show as molde already told you :headbang:

definitately a great start for a world tour, although starting a world tour in kiel is a bit strange but for me its absolutely ok :D

:worship: SAXON kicks ass :worship:

Wow they really did a lot from the new album! Wonder if they will keep that up, or maybe they are just seeing which of the new songs work best live. I knew they would start off with The Return/Lionheart, but didn't they would play Jack Tars live! I expect only The Return/Lionheart, Witchfinder General, Beyond the Grave, and Man and Machine to still be in the setlist by London. And possibly English Man 'o War

But the new songs really sound good...i think they should go on playing so much of the new album