SAXON: Mexican/South American Tour Cancelled - Oct. 6, 2006

liama

The Beast
Aug 30, 2005
San Antonio, Texas
Veteran British heavy metal band SAXON has cancelled its previously announced South American/Mexican tour. The trek was scheduled to kick off this Saturday (Oct. 7) in Mexico City and was slated to include appearances in Argentina and Brazil. An official announcement regarding the cancellation is expected shortly.

Steamhammer/SPV released SAXON's brand-new live album, "The Eagle Has Landed Pt. III", in the U.S. on June 27, featuring the first new recordings with drummer Nigel Glockler, who recently returned to the SAXON fold following an extended creative break. "The Eagle Has Landed Pt. III" was recorded by two different line-ups: the cuts from 2004 feature drummer Jörg Michael, the 2005 material presents Nigel Glockler. Consisting, next to Glocker, of founding members Biff Byford (vocals) and Paul Quinn (guitar) plus the long-serving Nibbs Carter (bass) and Doug Scarratt (guitar), SAXON are still one of the hottest contemporary live acts.

The above statement was on Blabbermouth today.

Wow and I was going to travel down to Mexico to see them. I guess it was too close to the US for comfort!!!

Well,let's see,this is October 6th,the 1st show was sheduled for October 7th,hmmmm.Seems like a pattern,I don't even have a crystal ball.Any one out there affected by the cancellations????Just curious.I am looking forward to the new dvd though.

This is why I am loathe to make any firm plans for the tour next year...I don't fancy shelling out money for flights that are non-refundable, only to find the dates have been cancelled/changed in some way. It really isn't on.

Piss Poor Planning if you ask me. I was schedule to leave for the show in Chihuahua tommorrow. A (12) hour bus ride from South Texas...but I thought it was worth it...

Maybe not next time...

Darkside885 said:
I´m very decepcioned for the cancellation of the South American tour, me and my friends were in Live´n Louder Mexico only for Saxon, I´m very sad.

Hey darkside, I will be passing thru san Luis Potosi on Thursday...

LLB997 said:
wow,

cant wait to hear the reason for this cancellation,,,,brutal

Paxoman said:
Even as a die hard Saxon fan, if it is true, it is pretty poor cancelling another tour right at the last minute. And yet again, it's on Bubblemouth, not the official Saxon website. Very poor indeed.

Thomas had mentioned to Saxon McKenzie that the South American Dates would be cancelled due to the rumoured Channel 4 documentary. If so, not good news for the fans.... especially for such a reason:mad: :mad:

And still no news on the official site.:mad: :erk:

WHAT???? I VE BOUGHT 2 TICKETS for 11/10 and 12/10 in argentina... it costed me 180$... its about 60usd.... the show is wednesday and thursday... what about my fucking money???????????? ive worked very hard to afford both shows... im really pissed off... like their fucking song... really really pissed off.... I WANT MY FUCKING MONEY BACK... i dont want to see stratovarius!!! i want saxon!!!

Darkside885 said:
I´m very decepcioned for the cancellation of the South American tour, me and my friends were in Live´n Louder Mexico only for Saxon, I´m very sad.

I can understand your dissapointment.. I feel with you mate!

I´m a SAXON fan from Argentina, bought tickets for both 2 shows and 3 days before the show had to cancel the 1000 mile bus trip to see them, I don´t know what the fuck I´m gonna do with the bus and concert tickets (up my ass I guess...)
It´s something like 20 years waiting to see them live..... FUCK!!!!!!
Would some one know what happened???

Thomas had mentioned to Saxon McKenzie that the South American Dates would be cancelled due to the rumoured Channel 4 documentary

Did he really say it was because of that?
It might be cancelled because theyre redoing the new album and time is running out.

No, no-one here would know! In fact, we're always the last to know anything, except if one of us happens to read it elsewhere! Despite our constant bitching on this matter, important information is NEVER posted on Saxon's official website first and foremost, as it should be. :Shedevil:

Sammi951 said:
No, no-one here would know! In fact, we're always the last to know anything, except if one of us happens to read it elsewhere! Despite our constant bitching on this matter, important information is NEVER posted on Saxon's official website first and foremost, as it should be. :Shedevil:

And the South American Tour is still proudly listed on the official Saxon website; with no information or apologies for the cancellation !! When and where will the (belated) official explanation of the cancellation be released ? Where else should the fans expect to get up to date information of tour dates, postponed DVD / CD release dates etc. if not from the official website? As Sammi mentioned in an earlier post - many die hard fans are already booking flights and accomodation for next year's Saxon Tour, and may be feeling apprehensive as they could lose alot of money if the Tour is cancelled on a whim of the Management. We really should be treated with a little more respect.

It is bad enough for a fan if a single UK or European gig is cancelled (personally several UFO and Molly Hatchet gigs in the past !); but the distances to travel, the cost and commitment of the fans over in The Americas is so much greater !!

I feel so sorry for the many Saxon fans who have taken the trouble to save up and travel huge distances to see the mighty Saxon, yet have been let down at the very last moment. Same as the US tour.

Racquel in Brazil (who Paxo, Sammi, Wilks, Saxon MacKenzie, Lionheart747, The Trooper, Ed, DTT. Tim, Bec and Paul met at the Crow Bar on the last Saxon Tour) must be absolutely gutted !

Hope this situation can be rectified in the future.

..... Rant over.

Cheers,

Goss.