SAXON - New Album & Double DVD

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
SPV/Steamhammer will release NWOBHM legends SAXON's new studio album, The Inner Sanctum, on March 5th, 2007. Available on the same date will be Saxon's new double live DVD, entitled To Hell And Back Again. More details on both releases to follow.

In regards to their new studio album, Saxon frontman Biff Byford recently stated, "On the next album we're trying to make a massive effort to target England, to bring the profile back up, and we have been approached to make a documentary as part of this. It is not a reality show. The concert in Lincoln was part of the documentary, there will be many other things happening, as soon as we can tell people what's happening you'll be the first to know."

:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :Smokin: :Smokin: :Smokin: New Saxon for 2007!

NP: Zoetrope - 'Disease Bigotry'

Of the original big three, Maiden/Saxon/Priest....Maiden and Saxon have been the most consistent. True, Saxon dropped the ball on 2 or 3 records in the 80s, but they've more than made up for it since. For my part, I can't wait for this album. Metalhead was great, Killing Ground was awesome, and Lionheart was probably one of my three favorite Saxon albums ever. Bring it on. Saxon can do no wrong right now. They, plus Maiden and Motorhead, are one of the bands that STILL make great records after all these years.

Incidentally, speaking of the big three.....Maiden is first, but Saxon always comes before Priest in my book.....been a fan since I first heard Power and the Glory...and the Eagle Has Landed (the first one) is one of the great live albums of the 80s....

Saxon.jpg

Still the loudest show I've attended.

Would be nice to see them tour the States again.

I watched Kingdom of Heaven the other night on HBO and couldn't help but have some Saxon rolling through my head from time to time. I'll definitely be looking forward to this release! :headbang:

By the way, I didn't want to imply that he's a bad drummer, because he's not.
His tasteful work with Mekong Delta showed he can be a master of his instrument. Ie, when he wants to :D
The simplistic drumming worked quite well with Running Wild, too. And it still had groove.

But his drumming has become more and more mechanical since he's joined Stratovarius...