Saxon new album.

It jacks the price way up, I don't get it! $24 seems a bit to much to me.
I will buy the version without the extra cd. Just my thoughts on this...

Me too. I was expecting the release on Amazon but when the date hit it becomes "out of stock" :mad:, in CDUniverse it's on backorder, and as you pointed I'm not going to pay $24 at Nehrecords for the limited edition.

I love Saxon and it hurts not to have the new one, but the logical price to pay for a USA release will be ~$14, and for an imported (European) ~$18, no more for me.

Coincidentally, I just picked up "Rock the Nations" yesterday....had never heard any of it before. After a few listens, I'm surprised...it's stronger than the reviews had me thinking it would be. Indeed, I'll finally cave in and grab Destiny, as well as "Solid Ball" and "Forever Free", the only remaining Saxon albums I've yet to own.

As Wyz stated, they really are riding high over the past 12-15 years. A renaissance, really. Their recent output has been stellar (although I agree that "Labyrinth", while solid, was a bit dull compared to the preceeding few modern classics).

Many 'classic' bands are releasing material to rival their so-called 'glory years'. Maiden, Motorhead, Saxon, WASP, and especially UFO spring to mind.
Additionally, recent Michael Schenker output has been surprisingly solid! Not as good as his early solo stuff, but really not far behind it.

Hey Soundmaster - no fear, Destiny is the high point of the low period. There are a couple tracks on there that rival anything they've done - namely Jericho Siren and Red Alert. There are other good ones to though. in truth, I think their only real stinker of an album is Innocence is no Excuse. There are other questionable ones, but nothing that bad.

There are a couple tracks on there that rival anything they've done - namely Jericho Siren and Red Alert.

Indeed, and also 'S.O.S' and their cover of 'Ride Like The Wind'.

I think their only real stinker of an album is Innocence is no Excuse.

Disagree on a 666% :err:, IINE have awsome songs like 'Broken Heroes', 'Back On The Streets', Rock'N'Roll Gypsy, 'Devil Rides Out', 'Call Of The Wild' and the fantastic opener Rockin' Again.

One of my firsts and favorite Saxon albums.

I'll revisit it based on your passion for it, Wyvern. I don't like thinking the mighty Saxon has any bad albums...and it's been a LONG time since I heard it afterall.

I'll revisit it based on your passion for it, Wyvern. I don't like thinking the mighty Saxon has any bad albums...and it's been a LONG time since I heard it afterall.

I don't believe they have bad albums, weak yes, bad no.

"Destiny", "Forever Free", "Metalhead" are examples of weak albums to me.

I was yesterday with Vicious Robbie watching the DVD "The Saxon Chronicles", the videos are terrible, but the songs are great. Curiously they used the video for "Rock'N'Roll Gypsy" for "Back In The Streets Again" for that compilation, kinda of cheap manouver IMO :lol:

I don't believe they have bad albums, weak yes, bad no.

"Destiny", "Forever Free", "Metalhead" are examples of weak albums to me.

I was yesterday with Vicious Robbie watching the DVD "The Saxon Chronicles", the videos are terrible, but the songs are great. Curiously they used the video for "Rock'N'Roll Gypsy" for "Back In The Streets Again" for that compilation, kinda of cheap manouver IMO :lol:

What's weak in "Metalhead"? This is one of their very best albums IMO.

What's weak in "Metalhead"? This is one of their very best albums IMO.

And I respect your viewpoint. To me is boring, soft, no hook, ergo weak (except for 'All Guns Blazing' which is a great song).

Is the reverse situation with IINE and ElectricWiz, he thinks it's crap and to me is a fantastic album. Just different taste.

Good, enjoyable album, but definetely not the album of the year. There are some fillers, but I can't say that I am not satisfied.

From their official website:

Great News!

We have a release date for North America & Canada. It will be the 27th of September distributed by EMI.

I couldn't wait so my copy arrived today :D...and to me is the album of the year.

I never miss a SAXON disc....they always churn out some quality.

I also rank them up there with bands like Maiden and Priest, and Strong Arm Of The Law has to be my top title, and I think it's a metal masterpiece.