saxon sales

M

matteo

Does anybody knows about Saxon' sales? I read that during their career they received 4 silver albums and 2 gold ones in the Uk, but don't know about similar certifications in other countries. I guess that their current sales are around 100-150,000 copies worldwide with every new release but I also read somewhere that albums like Strong Arm, Denim and Leather, The eagle has landed they shifted more than one million copies each. Can anybody help?

Matteo

hi matteo im trying to find out the same thing myself just out of interest being a massive saxon fan i had a chat once with nigel on tour and he said that at the time
rock the nations album sold 800 and something thousand
copies worldwide but thats all i no

It seems that Nigel boosted a little bit the sales figures because Rock the nations has never been considered an hit album, the singer of Skanners, an Italian band who supported Saxon during their 1988 Italian tour, told me that both Rock the nations and Destiny sold no more than 200,000 copies worldwide...so what's the truth?Anyway Saxon had 4 albums in the Billboard chart peaking at no. 130 with Innocence...

Matteo

no saxon sold way more than 200000 copies , i mean they were top 40 in england with rock the nations, they would easily have shifted 500000 + and in their heyday ie power.. backwards, they would shift a million easy i would think.

I know that in the inside cover of diamonds and nuggets theres a pic of the band recieving a gold/silver(?) disc by tommy vance for wheels of steel but thats all i know

Saxon were a top act during their heyday because their albums routinely entered the UK top 20 (from Wheels..to Crusader included) and had numerous hit singles and that's for sure, so as I said in my previous post I believe that their best-selling albums sold more than 1 milion copies each, I was merely questioning that after Innocence they received similar sales. By the way Biff recently declared that the first issue of Killing Ground will be 60,000 copies for Europe alone so i think they expect to sell more an less that figure

Matteo

i suppose at the end of the day it dosent matter how many albums saxon sell well it does a little but i hope you
understand what im trying to say saxon has written some outstanding songs and they still continue to do this if so now then ever before i think saxon have inproved with experience and ive never seen a band before control the stage and the control crowd before like saxon can keep on rockin saxon

Sales figures are the measure of commercial success of a band not of its artistic value, so, being a saxon follower for more than 12 years, I'm happy to see that Saxon are still alive and kicking and that they're still able to produce good music after all these years...I consider both Solid ball...and Unleash the beast in the Top 5 Saxon albums all-times and that's great because most bands are able to record just a couple of great albums in all their career. My only hope is that Saxon can get a little more attention and exposure on the press because they deserve it! I'm sure that with a little bit of exposure their sales will fastly grow at least to the Hellowen level

Matteo