Saxon - who supported during 1985 uk tour?

geoffb

New Metal Member
May 14, 2006
Does anyone know who supported Saxon on their UK tour in 1985.

I have just dug out an old ticket - with an autograph on it - anyone know where I can check out the guys sigs to see whose it is?

1985? That has to be the "Innocence Is No Excuse" tour

iine_prog.jpg

At USA they toured both with Motley Crue and Iron Maiden at different moments at the end of the "Crusader" tour in the first part of 1985. In Germany they toured with Accept. After September with the release of IINE they toured again (see poster), but I can't find with whom in UK.

NP: Praying Mantis - 'The Clocktower'

Wyvern said:
At USA they toured both with Motley Crue and Iron Maiden at different moments at the end of the "Crusader" tour in the first part of 1985. In Germany they toured with Accept. After September with the release of IINE they toured again (see poster), but I can't find with whom in UK.

They were on tour with Motley right after Motley got kicked off the Ozzy Bark at the Moon tour. That was early '84. The only reason I know is because I saw them in April of '84 in Colorado Springs. Of course, they were always on tour with someone back in those days. :kickass: :headbang:

This is from rockdetector.com:

SAXON's first album for new label Parlophone, 'Innocence Is No Excuse', produced by Simon Hanhart at Union Studios in Munich, Germany, was released whilst former label Carrere were still in court, claiming the band were still signed to them. The band toured Britain in 1985 supported by Danes PRETTY MAIDS.

Hope that helps!:kickass:

That site has quite extensive biographies and discographies on most metal/hardrock bands. One of my favorite metal websites along with bnrmetal.com and metal-archives.com.

Wyvern said:
1985? That has to be the "Innocence Is No Excuse" tour

NP: Praying Mantis - 'The Clocktower'

It wouldn't have been Accept. Accept was headlining in 1985. That was their biggest world tour.

In their home country though..... I am sure they could have headlined, so I expect it would not have been Crue and certainly not IM either.

Bryant