SCALD - Northern Irish band

this is from belgium anybody speak dutch here?
if so can you tell me what the fuck this says?

SCALD – Headworm (Eigen Beheer) – MV 108

Voor een cd in eigen beheer is die bijzonder mooi uitgegeven. Het trio van Scald komt uit Ierland en wat ze hier brengen heeft toch een pak groeitijd nodig. Het gaat om een mix tussen crust, black, doom en punk met de nadruk op steeds terugkerende riffs. Dit doet me erg aan Dystopia denken, nog zo’n smerig bandje. Niet alle songs zijn even leuk maar er zitten enkele enorme uitschieters in en dat haalt het niveau van de plaat toch erg naar boven. Ik vermoed dat het geheel nog gaat groeien, dus geef ik (RM) ZILVER (5/7)

scald site updated with a couple of interviews if youre interested
www.scald.me.uk

the next proper album will take a couple of years, its all written
3 tracks approx 70 minutes, but it'll run like a single track...grind prog :err:

Interestining...do you have any idea how you want the sound to develop? I thought Headowrk was pretty unique actually...a lot more doom metal than I expected though...I was hoping for a little more of an Esoteric style atmosphere, wkithout all of the funereal slowness....the last track of the album is my favorite. More layering was happening and the atmosphere was more twisted. I like that. I would dig it id Scald began utilizing the ambience of the instrumental tracks into the actual songs themselves next time, I think it would make for a better trip. Nothing to chaotic and overly dense, just enough flourishes to keep variation and add more atmosphere. Apart from that, I really enjoted it!

I think you can only go up from here. Too bad challneigng music is usually passed over for the formulaic tide of bands appearing every other second.
But anything good is eventually recognized.

keep up the good work,

Chris

hi Chris
and thanks for that, interesting observation there
scald is indeed a challenge and that challenge continues
as I think I mentioned before..
the project we are working on now is an instrumental one
we'll give the title when we've finished argueing about it :)
there will be the main version- us playing that'll be around 20mins or so and an ambient version that'll be around the same length
there are plans to introduce some of the atmopherics like on headworm directly into the main track which should prove interesting
no telling how that'll go till we record it
I'm hoping to record some extra spontainious guitar and bass parts to manipulate into the ambient version
I'm also considering the possibility of another shorter possibly harsher version to create as a soundtrack to a short animated film to be part of the cd, not interactive or as a promo but as an actual facet of the project, an audio visual artistic extension, if that doesn't sound too pretensious?

I don't know if this is a stepping stone to the next album or a side step but the only problem is raising funds, so when it gets released is down to that really

but as you say about incorporating the atmosphere into the actual songs, I think that'll happen on the next album, theres no room between the three songs so anything added will be within...if that makes sense