New Metal Member
Jun 1, 2003
Sweden
hem2.passagen.se
Hi folks!

Now the long waiting is over. It is now announced that the
scandinavian tour will be based on material from "deliverence" (i.e
a heavy consert). At least if one should believe KB, which
holds one of the conserts (the one in Malmö).

www.kulturbolaget.se

(in swedish)

Go see them. I will :)

It' strange.. why would they brag so much about the damnation album and then say that the gig will be heavy - "deliverance" based.. sounds almost like they have done some misprinting.

Sound very much like a misprint since they're talking about "Damnation" showing a new side of Opeth and then at the bottom it sais simply, the concert will be based on material from "Deliverance".

I am quite sure that the scandinavian tour will be based on their heavy songs. After all, they promised to make up for the cancelled dates in Finland (on the Deliverance tour) and it would be strange if they did that by playing mellow concerts. Secondly, they haven't been on a real Scandinavian tour in a long time, so it would make sense to play a "regular" gig. And thirdly, it must be more exciting for the band to not play only mellow songs for 5 months or so.

Omegá said:
I am quite sure that the scandinavian tour will be based on their heavy songs. After all, they promised to make up for the cancelled dates in Finland (on the Deliverance tour) and it would be strange if they did that by playing mellow concerts. Secondly, they haven't been on a real Scandinavian tour in a long time, so it would make sense to play a "regular" gig. And thirdly, it must be more exciting for the band to not play only mellow songs for 5 months or so.

Nope! i don't think so! They are doing the european tour before the scandinavian one and the Austr. tour after the s.. So that would not make sense if they transport 2 sets of equipment.. For example, Martin L. uses a completly different drumkit for the mellow set, so they would have to transport 2 drumssets. . well .. um.. whatever

janwesterm said:
Nope! i don't think so! They are doing the european tour before the scandinavian one and the Austr. tour after the s.. So that would not make sense if they transport 2 sets of equipment.. For example, Martin L. uses a completly different drumkit for the mellow set, so they would have to transport 2 drumssets. . well .. um.. whatever

Well, they're playing a "heavy" set to be filmed for the DVD...and if they take a few days off between each tour they only need to transport 1 set of equipment anyway. And besides, on opeth.com it doesn't say anything about the Scandinavian tour being a "Damnation" tour, like it does at the European and Australian.

We'll see, but i hope they're playing a "heavy" set.

They are playing a three part set:

1(news):
Moonlapse vertigo
The twilight is my robe
The funeral portrait
April ethereal
Nectar
Masters apprentice
Blackwater park

-encore-
2(soft):
Face of melinda
Harvest
Benighted
To bid you farewell

-encore-
3(classics):
Advent
The drapery falls
Deliverance
Bleak
A fair judgement
Demon of the fall

Staffan said:
They are playing a three part set:

1(news):
Moonlapse vertigo
The twilight is my robe
The funeral portrait
April ethereal
Nectar
Masters apprentice
Blackwater park

-encore-
2(soft):
Face of melinda
Harvest
Benighted
To bid you farewell

-encore-
3(classics):
Advent
The drapery falls
Deliverance
Bleak
A fair judgement
Demon of the fall

Cut the Crap man... this is obviously bullshit!