Scanner

The_Q

No More Posts
Mar 29, 2003
www.metal-fan.org
I used to love this band but for some reason or another lost track of them. While looking through my CD collection I have somehow misplaced or lent out their CD's. I remember "Ball Of The Damned" from 1997 being good. I think Ralf Scheepers from Primal Fear/ Gamma Ray sang on the first track "Puppet On A String". But other than that release I am foggy as to what was good.

All of their stuff is awesome, IMO. They're one of the bands I most want to see play the US... unfortunately, there's little or no activity in their camp from year to year. They can't seem to keep members, and they can't seem to get albums recorded.

Their best disc is Mental Reservation.

I have both "Mental Reservation" and "Ball of the Damned" and yes Ralf does sing on it. Th best song on there is the cover of the Queen song Inuendo. SCANNER was an awesome band in their day.

Hypertrace was the only album I ever heard from these guys-- must have been sometime in the late 80's-- very Keeper of the 7 Keys sounding, from what I remember...

Scanner ran off 4discs , each one better than the last one,until Scantropolis I believe its called.AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL!

I thought they got worse with each disc. About a few months ago I pulled out all 4 disc and listened to them again. Each one was weaker than the next. Nothing will top Hypertrace.