Scar Symmetry, perhaps?

are you just going through your collection and posting a new band each day. Scar Symetry is terrible. There still hasnt been an offcial announcement about sponsoring bands and stuff. Everytime these post come up Rob post about "who wants to put the money up?" Sure it would be great to have all these great bands play but who is going to pay for them?

are you just going through your collection and posting a new band each day. Scar Symetry is terrible. There still hasnt been an offcial announcement about sponsoring bands and stuff. Everytime these post come up Rob post about "who wants to put the money up?" Sure it would be great to have all these great bands play but who is going to pay for them?

Yeah I figured I would just post a thread around each band I have in my collection. I just won the lottery so I figured why not.

edit: not really I just didnt like Bob's sarcastic tone about me just creating threads to discuss bands. Oh and Bob Scar Symmetry is a 100 times the band that Elvenking is, so :puke: on u.

Scar Symmetry are lame. There was a duscussion on them a while back on the Prog Power board so I looked them up and then I realized that I have a few of thier vids on DVD and watched them and cant see what the hype is.

Some of the main hype is that the vocalist has such excellent control over his voice. Everything else just falls into place around that.

You said the key word..."Hype". Hype = flavor of the month. So many bands ar hyped so much and you can let internet talk let you think a band is huge or popular. The way people talked about Manilla Road and Slough Feg, you would think they could headline Waken, reality is that people want to fit in and they will always agree to say a band is great, but half of these people dont even own an album by the band, they are usually going off the underground hype. When both those "huge" hyped up bands played Alehorn last year, it was empty. Basically you cant judge a band by a few guys online on the same board.

I only used hype because you did in the previous post. I could have used the reason that people enjoy it is because of the variation in the vocalist's voice since to me it sounded me at first listen that there was 3 vocalists. I also loved the Soilwork album "Natural Born Chaos" and I think this band has a lot of that sound in it.

I like Scar Symmetry and I think they would be great for Powerfest. I didn't get into them because of all the "hype" or because of "internet talk", I got into them because (get this!) I heard a song of theirs and I liked it, so I bought the album. Quite an original way to get into a band huh?

I like Scar Symmetry and I think they would be great for Powerfest. I didn't get into them because of all the "hype" or because of "internet talk", I got into them because (get this!) I heard a song of theirs and I liked it, so I bought the album. Quite an original way to get into a band huh?

That is a pretty original way to get into a band...never would have thought of that. I am the king of impulse buying. So far I have only gotten a few bad disc that way. Dont know what it is but I can pretty much pick some good disc that way. That is how I got into Olympus Mons, Domain, Manegarm, and hundreds of other bands. One nice thing is that I am walking distance from Metal Haven so if I see something that looks interesting...I can go home and look it up online and check it out and then walk over and buy it.

Before everyone starts recommending bands there needs to be something stating on what is happening for next year. Everyone who is sponsoring will want thier band to headline. Who is going to drop money to see thier band play for 30 minutes. Hopefully something get announced soon so people can rally others to help bring bands in that draw this year.