Scar Symmetry pre listen new album

Needs a few more listens, but I could prolly learn to enjoy the new sound. Though as was said before, they're nothing like the old singers, especially live unfortunately. It showed when they did old material only last time I saw them. The one singing was constantly an octave lower than the original. The growls are fine ofcourse.

Well.
3 spins.. I've no problem with the vocals, fact is that Älvestam isn't there so there's a new voice.
But the songs doesn't engage me, that's the big issue in my ears.

That goes as well for the new Mustasch album after almost 2 spins

Gave it a few listens and it doesn't quite catch me, at least not like Pitch Black Progress and Holographic Universe... I don't feel that the vocals have changed much, aside from the fact there are two now! Looking forward to seeing them in November... If that sucks as they sucked with Christian(live I mean), then the next album has to be a killer for me to buy it!

Looking forward to seeing them in November... If that sucks as they sucked with Christian(live I mean), then the next album has to be a killer for me to buy it!

We'll have to see how they perform their own stuff live, true. Dunno if I'll be able to go to Leeuwarden, but I'll give it a shot :) And otherwise I'll take your word for it whether they sucked or not :p