Scar Symmetry - Pitch Black Progress - I think a PP slot is in order!

General Zod said:
For anyone who loves the new Mercenary CD or either of the last two Scar Symmetry discs, you really need to check out Soilwork's "Natural Born Chaos", and to a lesser extant, "Stabbing the Drama" (if you haven't done so already). To my ear, Scar Symmetry is simply a poor man's Soilwork, with Swanoesque clean vocals. And Mercenary's latest, while well done, was most certainly composed with Soilwork's model for success as an inspiration.

Zod
There's no doubt that both of these bands are influenced by Soilwork, but for my money I'll take either over Soilwork. I also think there are enough differences between the three of these bands to make them all sound unique to one another.

Britt

DarkTide said:
There's no doubt that both of these bands are influenced by Soilwork...
Agreed.

DarkTide said:
...but for my money I'll take either over Soilwork.
Fair enough.

DarkTide said:
I also think there are enough differences between the three of these bands to make them all sound unique to one another.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting that either are clones. The three vocalists are too distinct for that to be the case. I'm simply suggesting that it would be difficult to describe either of these bands, without referencing Soilwork.

Zod

I just received the 1st one from Scar Symmetry about a month ago from The End. I'm really into this one. I haven't been able to hear anything off the new one yet, as The End doesn't seem to have it or samples yet. Anyone know where to hear some tidbits of it or where to pick it up?

Danny