Scar Symmetry The Illusionist Vocal cover!

Pretty nice job man, like Nuno Filipe said - cleans could need some work, but other than that it's really nice cover!

Thanks guys! I found singing to this really uncomfortable, if you listen to my band stuff you'll notice it's a lot more natural. But his voice is just REALLY hard to sing with if you have a sharp voice. Growling I suck at immensely so that's fucking nuts how you like them hahaha :D

I really couldn't cover that man hahaha he uses vocal techniques I can't do at all. (Phil Anselmo / Devin Townsend etc where people scream but hit a note at the same time).

I just think that tone of your voice is similar) Anyway as I said - you have done nice cover!

I'd say for your clean parts you should work more on the belly respiration and singing technique, it would make your voice sound fuller (less "nasal") and you would find it easier as well. I guess you already know it since you can hit quite high notes, it's just something I hear that could be improved in your confort zone ! Except that and little details (a few percents offtunes on some notes), it's quite good. I like this song to practice as well in my car when I drive for a long distance ! I find his vocal range somewhat similar to mine except he hits high notes quite impressively, so I like to practice that.

About the vocal technique to hit notes with a fry voice at the same time, I'd say you're already pretty close considering the end of the mp3, I'm pretty sure with some work you could do it on demand !