Scar Symmetry

Zod, there are times throughout each year when I wonder why you buy tickets to attend this festival. LOL...
This year features two of my five favorite bands; Iced Earth and Riverside. I'm a fan of Amorphis, and to a lesser extent Andromeda. I'm also interested in Spheric Universe Experience and Saint Deamon. However, in general, I would go even if there wasn't a single band on the bill I wanted to see. In the 8 years the wife and I have been attending, we've made a lot of friends we only get to see once a year. The atmosphere is like no other and we always have a great time, regardless of how many bands we're interested in checking out.

True, I don't like a lot of the Power Metal that many seem to favor. But I suspect that has a lot to do with having been listening to Power Metal for close to 25 years. After a few decades, much of it begins to sound generic and dull.

In respect to this thread specifically, SS is not really a PP band. I suppose they could grab the "wildcard" slot one year, but Glenn typically steers clear of this style.

Zod

In respect to this thread specifically, SS is not really a PP band. I suppose they could grab the "wildcard" slot one year, but Glenn typically steers clear of this style.

Zod

Maybe. Mercenary has been there twice. And I'd say they are of a similar style. Into Eternity to a lesser extent as well.

This year features two of my five favorite bands; Iced Earth and Riverside. I'm a fan of Amorphis, and to a lesser extent Andromeda. I'm also interested in Spheric Universe Experience and Saint Deamon. However, in general, I would go even if there wasn't a single band on the bill I wanted to see. In the 8 years the wife and I have been attending, we've made a lot of friends we only get to see once a year. The atmosphere is like no other and we always have a great time, regardless of how many bands we're interested in checking out.

True, I don't like a lot of the Power Metal that many seem to favor. But I suspect that has a lot to do with having been listening to Power Metal for close to 25 years. After a few decades, much of it begins to sound generic and dull.

Zod

:lol:I'm just giving you a bit of a hard time. With that said, I disagree with your comment regarding SS not being a PP band. IMO, they're as much of a PP band as Elvenking. If you don't thinks so, then listen to both band's latest efforts and get back to me.

~Brian~

:lol:I'm just giving you a bit of a hard time.
No worries.

With that said, I disagree with your comment regarding SS not being a PP band. IMO, they're as much of a PP band as Elvenking. If you don't thinks so, then listen to both band's latest efforts and get back to me.
As others have said, SS is similar in style (from a ProgPower perspective) to Mercenary and Into Eternity. However, these bands have been "wild cards". By definition, "wild cards" are not prototypical PP bands.

Zod