Scar Symmetry!!!!

Sorrell

APT Guitarist/vocalist
Jan 3, 2008
Fairfield, CA
www.myspace.com
My wife, Lisa turned me on to this band after hearing it on KVHS (high school radio station in Concord, CA). She heard the new release “Morphogenesis” and thought I might like it. She was wrong. I loved it! I bought the record through iTunes that night.

Scar Symmetry! These guys have it all! At their core, they would be called melodic death metal, but that is beyond an inadequate description. They blend death metal vocals, beautifully sung melodic vocals, very attractive hook lines and choruses, expertly crafted songs, and 2 of the finest guitarists I’ve heard in ages!

I’ve heard the whole disc twice now. I am amazed at the quality of these guitarists. These guys are the future of modern shredders. They have unique chops galore, as well as being very melodic players. The first time I listened, I thought one of them was a Kevin Moore influenced keyboardist; that’s how smooth he is. I can’t wait to see these guys live. It’s been a while since I was this blown away by a pair of musicians.

Check out the new record, “Holographic Universe”. It is just amazing. It’s well worth the price.

SS

Thanks SS. Sounds great.
Can this be picked up at any CD store? I'm definitely interested in checking these guys out based on your review.

Robby

Hi Robby! Yeah, it should be in most stores...if there are any record stores left, that is.

It has inspired me to try to take my playing a bit farther. I don't have anywhere near the theory knowledge that these guys obviously have, but they've really made me wanna stretch out.

Great stuff!

SS

Ah, Scar Symmetry!
I have Symmetric in Design and Pitch Black Progress, but not their latest. An awesome band indeed.

It'll be interesting to find out what happens with their 2 new singers.

Holy crap!
I just picked this up and am 3 songs into it so far. This band kicks ass! Not a big fan of "cookie monster" vocals, but this has a blend of both the cookie monster vocals and great melodic vocals. The musicianship is amazing!

I now have to go pick up the rest of their cd's. Have no choice.

Thanks a lot SS for bringing these guys to my attention!

Robby

Holy crap!
I just picked this up and am 3 songs into it so far. This band kicks ass! Not a big fan of "cookie monster" vocals, but this has a blend of both the cookie monster vocals and great melodic vocals. The musicianship is amazing!

I now have to go pick up the rest of their cd's. Have no choice.

Thanks a lot SS for bringing these guys to my attention!

Robby

Cool, man! When something affects me like this, I have to pass it on to my friends.

SS

Scar Symmetry is cool, I own Pitch Black, and definitely am interested in the hearing the new one...
I am thoroughly engrossed in the Trivium's new one Shogun... Damn if this band just doesn't get twice as good with each successive album...

Scar Symmetry is cool, I own Pitch Black, and definitely am interested in the hearing the new one...

I still have to get the first one. I've heard 2 songs from that disc. The new record seems to be a bit more complex and intense.

I am thoroughly engrossed in the Trivium's new one Shogun... Damn if this band just doesn't get twice as good with each successive album...

I love those guys! :headbang: They are just a great band. I'll get Shogun this weekend. I've heard "From the sky", and loved it. I'm sure the rest will be great too.

They have great attitudes too. I was very impressed when I heard them being interviewed. No rock-star syndrome there. Good dudes.

SS

Another Sorrell Excellent Recomendation!. Loving them so far! all Hail Rhapsody music on demand! I love this service.

Z

I't's a very good band, I have the Pitch black progress and the first song The Ilusionist kick me out of this world...good band althought they changed the lead vocal and I haven't listened with the new two vocals. But so far a good band

Greets

Ank

I't's a very good band, I have the Pitch black progress and the first song The Ilusionist kick me out of this world...good band althought they changed the lead vocal and I haven't listened with the new two vocals. But so far a good band

Greets

Ank

It should be very cool to hear them with the 2 vocalists. Christian was an awesome singer, but I guess they just couldn't work together.

I think it's a great idea to use 2 singers for such a band. The other members say that, while one is predominantly a screamer and one is a singer, they can both do it all. So, they should never have an off-night.

I can't wait to see them live! I hope they come around.

SS

Guess what??? I'm listening the HOLOGRAPHIC UNIVERSE and it's a blast, it's better than the pitch progress....simply and cool, you all should listen to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

reccommended on 1000% good