Scar Symmetry......

PIOT

Dec 22, 2013
I look forward to this set. People that don't like the harsh vocals will need to hide. This band destroys live. Can't believe they will be playing!!!I have 8 people already buying there tickets on oct. 3rd. More to come!!!!

Solution .45, then Soilwork, now Scar Symmetry. Glenn sure knows how to book my favorite flavors of melodeath.

I, for one, am quite stoked to see them in the PPUSA atmosphere where all shows are better, no bullshitting.

Solution .45, then Soilwork, now Scar Symmetry. Glenn sure knows how to book my favorite flavors of melodeath.

Yea, those are three of my favorites too. Plus I think Holographic Universe is one of my favorite all time prog metal records. The Singularity was a return to form for them (not that I thought the previous two were bad)

I about lost my mind when they were announced! They are definitely in my top 5 bands of all time. I've been wanting them at PP for years now, so this is pretty f'ing epic. Pitch Black Progress and Holographic Universe are my favorites, and I'm very impressed with The Singularity. Is it September yet?? :headbang:

I about lost my mind when they were announced! They are definitely in my top 5 bands of all time. I've been wanting them at PP for years now, so this is pretty f'ing epic. Pitch Black Progress and Holographic Universe are my favorites, and I'm very impressed with The Singularity. Is it September yet?? :headbang:

Actually it is September now. :D

Yea, those are three of my favorites too. Plus I think Holographic Universe is one of my favorite all time prog metal records. The Singularity was a return to form for them (not that I thought the previous two were bad)

That's one of the best all around metal albums, period, imo. The production is so perfect, the songs are all strong, etc.

The sound on The Singularity is just crushing. I think it will translate well in the ProgPower Venue. Looking forward to Neohuman and Limits to Infinity live if they play them.

I think it would be great if Glenn could get Christian Alvestam to play a one off show with SS doing Pitch Black Progress, Holographic Universe or Symmetric in Design in their entirety... IJS...

I think it would be great if Glenn could get Christian Alvestam to play a one off show with SS doing Pitch Black Progress, Holographic Universe or Symmetric in Design in their entirety... IJS...

That will never happen. I'm pretty sure they haven't been on speaking terms for many years now.

Gonna be totally honest, Scar Symmetry is the only band I've ever fallen asleep to while on the barrier of a show. Saw them twice, opening for Hypocrisy and Epica and remember them being dreadful both times.

THAT BEING SAID, these shows were also a halfdecade ago (a lot can happen to a band's live performance in five years, for better or worse) and my taste in music has radically changed since then.

So i'll visit their entire discography and watch them from the seats. If they manage to change my opinion of them, I will bump this thread in a year so y'all can see my then-and-now opinion. haha

But honestly, damn near every other act appeals to me - so this is not a complaint whatsoever. Bring on October 3rd. :)