Scarlet Heavens vocals

MDB Dan

New Metal Member
Does anyone know who sings on Scarlet Heavens? Unfortunatly I only have a tape of the split Primordial vinyl, so I haven't seen any of the info. It definetly doesn't sound like Jonas or Mikael. I thought the singer sounded like a clearer version of Carl from Fields of the Nephilim...

On the original copy of the split-vynil with Primordial, there is written it's Jonas but, to be honest, I've always known it was Dan Swano who has sung that marvellous song.
It can't absolutely be Jonas; I would've like to ask him when I saw KatatoniA live a couple of weeks ago, but I met him before the show and it seemed like he was in a rush; hopefully next time.
By the way, it's definitively one of their best and darkest songs ever realized; I would've also liked listening to some other song in the same vain after that, anyway...

Dancing in heaven​

I think it's Jonas, Dan Swano has a deeper voice when he does that kind of singing.

Moonshield said:
No really, it IS Jonas. I think Anders has actually confirmed it on here before.

I'm pretty sure you are right. I have read a couple of reviews that this song was recorded during the "Funerals To Come" era and that Jonas sang it.
This might sound weird but Scarlet Heavens has U2 "Unforgetable Fire" all over it :Spin: The first couple times I heard it I could have confused the drumming and the guitar work to U2's Unforgetable Fire. That's just what I think, it's an awesome tune by th way :p