Scaur - Progressive Death metal

Interesting music. Not really my thing, but I can appreciate some ideas. VERY heavy guitar sound for a "progressive" band; some of the intricacies might have gotten lost in the mega crunch, but if the band was going for power, they got it.

The fade from low-fi to high-fi was an interesting production idea, but I wonder how many people heard the first few seconds of the first song and just gave up and turned it off.

I like the guitar tone on the weird chromatic stuff early in "Unsound Essence."

Overall, the mix works. To my ears, the guitars might be a touch too heavy for that material, but then there's something to be said for balls too.

The guitars are really nice and heavy. Everything else sounds good too. Does the vocalist say "Älä läikytä " at some point in unbound essence :-D ? Where did you record this? I really like the snare room sound. Slate Z4? or was it the real room sound.

The guitars are really nice and heavy. Everything else sounds good too. Does the vocalist say "Älä läikytä " at some point in unbound essence :-D ? Where did you record this? I really like the snare room sound. Slate Z4? or was it the real room sound.

He actually says "älä länkytä" :D:D
The snare room sound was from the original sample. the sample was made from the snare I recorded from this session. it was done at Finnvox B-studio. really nice room sound imo. no reverb on the drums what so ever so it's all real room sound. the guitars, bass and vocals + mix I did in my home in paloheinä, helsinki. just pm me if you want more info, I'm kinda drunk now so haha