schecter problem with hardware

Fuck the licensed tone pros on my schecter c7 is loosing its black chrome color, it's turning into grey/white.

bridge.jpg

on the volume pot is more noticeble

pot.jpg

Besides changing and buying a new bridge or new pots, what else can I do?

It's really pissing me off, such a beautiful guitar like this, ruined by poor hardware.
Have you experienced something like this on your Schecter?

Mine isn't that severe on the volume knob. I've wore down the "black chrome" color on my bridge, keys and knobs. All my guitars are like that. It's just breaking em in! It shows how much you play. Anyone with a pretty guitar aint playing enough!:heh:

yeah it's common, I have a Ibanez S Prestige Bubinga with cosmo black hardware and I have the same thing...it's just wear

Luckily my 007 Blackjack has steel coloured hardware :)

Edit:
Scrub that, I actually now noticed that mine has the exact same peeling off thing going on in the bridge :/ Ah well, as long as the hardware works.

Kazrog said:
I had an ibanez do that. Somehow my ESPs are immune.

Really? My EC-1000 has it on the bridge and volume knob, albeit not as badly, but it's 2 years old and has been played a ton.

I've noticed that chrome (not black chrome or smoke or other variations) doesn't do this nearly as badly as the others.

DSS3 said:
Really? My EC-1000 has it on the bridge and volume knob, albeit not as badly, but it's 2 years old and has been played a ton.

I've noticed that chrome (not black chrome or smoke or other variations) doesn't do this nearly as badly as the others.

Yep Jeff even my buddy had a Jackson SL3 with chrome hardware (not black chrome) and it hadn't that wear. It was nearly perfect.
I mean mine showed this wear just few days ago (2 or so)... am I blind for having not seen that or I don't know what happend to my guitars in the few days ahahahah

My Ltd and Jackson are still pretty much perfect - and the Jackson is 10 years old. I used to have a guitar with a gold tail-piece, that was awful; the gold didn't just wear off, it starting pitted and went really manky. That was off a custom Gibson too (even though it was on my £200 Cort :p).

Steve