Schwarzenegger, only in usa

But I do see your point on the Americans only knowing one language thing. I understand perfectly: why would you learn another language? Learning a language w/o using it is silly, moreover, it's not learning a language, since you have to use it in a natural environment to acquire it.

Indeed. Not actively using languages simply makes it impossible to acquire them...

Edit: By the way, if you're interested in WWII sites, and if you ever come to Belgium, I recommend you visit Flanders Fields, a war cemetery. All those hundreds of crosses lined up makes one Hell of an impression!

*Sigh* see you around, I'm going back to my books
pukeface.gif

Hey, don't take my 'attack' too seriously. Personally, I like languages a lot. But the main problem is that education in the USA sucks. I heard Schwarzie had some comments on Bush's plans?

Flanders Fields is not too far from my place, if you'd ever come here you could let me know..There are quite some interesting musea here. Not only dealing with both WW.
And, I'm not a Flemish-nationalist like Stormrider 'seems' to be...I don't mind living in a multi-ethnic country, makes it more interesting. Belgian history quite rules...:)

I'd like to go to Europe again but who knows when. right now I'm planning my wife's next trip to Germany at the end of next month.

ref. American education, it varies greatly from state to state, and community to community. a basic high school education is enough for many people but as an example, my section here at work consists of nine people, eight guys and one woman. here's our breakdown.

me: bachelor's degree
ward: engineering degree
casey: bachelor's degree
gary: bachelor's degree, master's in computer science
bob: bachelor's degree, master's
grant: bachelor's degree, master's
john: bachelor's degree
bill: bachelor's degree
Kathy: none, she didn't need education to get promoted because she has really large breasts.

just a completely non scientific example.

p.s. thanks for the offers guys. it would be cool to have someone in Belgium who knows what they are doing.:)

Iced Dragon said:
And, I'm not a Flemish-nationalist like Stormrider 'seems' to be...
Aarrrgh! French speaking Aristo's!! *Raises Flemish Lion Flag* We shall drive ye out like the poxy curs that ye are! To arms comrades! For Flanders!

*Smacks head against padded walls, drooling all over straitjacket*

...All right I admit it, I am a nationalist. But not an intolerant one, just a nationalist. I don't want a multi-ethnic country, because I believe that a nation must have its own characteristics and culture. If I wanted to see burkha's I'd go to Islamic countries.

Oh I didn't mean that. I do have some 'right' wing ideas but wasn't thinking on that kind of 'ethnic' society. People are free to believe what they want, and that has nothing to do with religion. That's just a 'cultural' artefact (or something), I've never seen one wearing it and I don't approve it. I just wanted to stress the Flemish/Walloon thingie. I don't mind that, ok, we're a (Gallo-)Germanic people and they are (Gallo-)Roman, there is some difference between us but in the end it's really not that spectacular. Ok, I'd like them to speak Dutch but I know a lot who do try. My principle is, if a Fleming goes to Wallonia he has to speak French and vice versa. In Brussels we should speak our native tongue (except the storekeepers, they múst be bi-or trilingual)
And why are you Flemish btw? I can say I'm a real Fleming, you're from Brabant right? Weren't they enemies of Flanders..?eheh
well, peace man ;)